New Osram Cool Blue Boost 7000K

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Haloruler64
    The drop in kelvin from higher wattage is overstated. The drop isn't big at all. I have 35/55W ballasts and can switch on the fly and honestly the kelvin drop isn't anywhere NEAR 1000. I'd probably say 200-500.
    Philips Xtreme Ultinon 35w and 50w. You can see the difference for yourself.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

That's quite the difference. I never see such a difference with any of the three adjustable wattage ballasts I've tested. Are the bulbs the same age?

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
      2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Just replaced my ~100 hour CBI with new CBB in my s2k ap2 projector. CBB is definitely quite a bit brighter and color is a more cooler white.

Driving longer trips I would prefer the CBI, they were easier on the eyes. But since my car is more of a weekend car, I would take CBB for the extra brightness. The reviews and comparisons from TRS were spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by blurred View Post
          Philips Xtreme Ultinon 35w and 50w. You can see the difference for yourself. Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
          I don't have a way of comparing two light outputs the way your picture shows, but your picture is a good way of describing how the CBB is in comparison to the CBH. I have both CBB and CBHs with Lexus projectors. So far, the CBB just seems to be more bright or intense throughout more of the beam pattern than the CBH. So I would say the CBB is like the 55w light output in your picture, and the CBH is like the 35w light output. I will post a video or pictures in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
            That's quite the difference. I never see such a difference with any of the three adjustable wattage ballasts I've tested. Are the bulbs the same age?
            Its a pretty significant difference - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaYPS8s2HR0
            Check out our current promotions to save up to 15% on your next parts order with us

Need help? Contact us - Email: info@lightwerkz.net

HID Retrofits l Halos l Lens Restorations l Repairs l Installations

Follow us on Facebook & Instagram ! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for pro tips and behind the scenes videos!

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
              ​Its normal, every time we have tested like this you can see a difference. The bulbs are not the same age, one is about 2 years old (not daily driven) however the colour was the same at 50w. Also, and this is why I would only buy Philips (and wasted my money buying a new set to test as we hadn't tested long term xtreme ultinons before), they were the same lux, new vs old, tested using the same regulated power supply, ballast and projector.

Originally posted by Aaron Sa View Post
              I don't have a way of comparing two light outputs the way your picture shows, but your picture is a good way of describing how the CBB is in comparison to the CBH. I have both CBB and CBHs with Lexus projectors. So far, the CBB just seems to be more bright or intense throughout more of the beam pattern than the CBH. So I would say the CBB is like the 55w light output in your picture, and the CBH is like the 35w light output. I will post a video or pictures in a few weeks.
              ​Light output is about 30% increase in lux going from 35w to 50w on the same bulb etc.

Comment

Originally posted by blurred View Post
                ​Its normal, every time we have tested like this you can see a difference. The bulbs are not the same age, one is about 2 years old (not daily driven) however the colour was the same at 50w. Also, and this is why I would only buy Philips (and wasted my money buying a new set to test as we hadn't tested long term xtreme ultinons before), they were the same lux, new vs old, tested using the same regulated power supply, ballast and projector. ​Light output is about 30% increase in lux going from 35w to 50w on the same bulb etc.
                If not more. We have seen 40-50% increase. 47% in the video I just posted.
                Check out our current promotions to save up to 15% on your next parts order with us

Need help? Contact us - Email: info@lightwerkz.net

HID Retrofits l Halos l Lens Restorations l Repairs l Installations

Follow us on Facebook & Instagram ! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for pro tips and behind the scenes videos!

Comment

Originally posted by Lightwerkz Global Inc. View Post
                  If not more. We have seen 40-50% increase. 47% in the video I just posted.
                  ​You're right, I should have done actual math instead of on the fly math with fingers lol. It is actually in the 45-50% range now that I use the actual numbers and a calculator

Comment

Working...
                  X