Motocontrol box help - 9007/9004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motocontrol box help - 9007/9004

So I've got a question that I believe is related to the motocontrol box. I finished a retrofit over the weekend, did all my bench testing and everything worked as it should off the car. I should never assume, but I assumed that everything was in working order from my tests (seems logical). I wired the car up, plugged everything in and turned the key to "ON" and turned the lights on.. Sweet it all worked, awesome.. only I sat there for about a minute wondering why in the heck my light pattern looked like my high-beams were on. I checked the obvious stuff like the toggle switch in the car, and that was set on low. I shut it off, turned it back on, flipped the wires for the high-beam solenoid and nothing changed. I then unplugged the high-beams all together and on comes the low-beams.. I should also add that I could get low beams to come on with everything hooked up how it should be by putting the cars high-beams on, which threw me for a loop.

So here is my question, is my motocontrol box a lemon, or am I just clearly missing something simple here? The solenoid that controls the high and low beams works flawlessly, on and off the car. Cycled it as required and not a single hick-up.

Cheers!

There's 6 possible combinations for the MotoControl 9007/9004. Your best bet is to make a table and systematically go through each combination to get the correct pinout.

Originally posted by cthunder
    The more you mod your car the moodier it gets.
    Avalon Dual Lens | Rogue LED | Mori 3800K | Mori 3Five | H11 PnP LED

Comment

Is yours 9007 or 9004?

2005 Dodge Magnum R/T
      Headlight Setup: MH1 7.0 xb35 5500k bulbs acme ballasts MGG
      Performance: 5.7 Hemi MDS, W5A580 Muffler delete, K&N Intake
      Appearance: SRT8 Challenger Wheels
      Check out my tuning page on Facebook!-------> https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rapid...62482277210221

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by EvolutionAutoWerks View Post
          Most likely need to repin it. They come as 9004

2005 Dodge Magnum R/T
          Headlight Setup: MH1 7.0 xb35 5500k bulbs acme ballasts MGG
          Performance: 5.7 Hemi MDS, W5A580 Muffler delete, K&N Intake
          Appearance: SRT8 Challenger Wheels
          Check out my tuning page on Facebook!-------> https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rapid...62482277210221

Comment

Originally posted by Fstrsn View Post
            There's 6 possible combinations for the MotoControl 9007/9004. Your best bet is to make a table and systematically go through each combination to get the correct pinout.
            +1
            See post #6 here:
            http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...p-example-pics

I have a switched ground 9007 system.
            Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Yeah.. I was just thinking about that after picking my daughter up from school and looking at a 9004/9007 pin out sheet.

Thanks guys, I'll give this a shot tonight once the little ones are sleeping.

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
                +1
                See post #6 here:
                http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...p-example-pics

I have a switched ground 9007 system.
                Thank you!

Comment

fixed, thanks everyone!

Comment

^
                    Is your 9007 a switched positive or switched ground system?
                    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Working...
                    X