X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MH1 7.0 ?

Hi guys.

I'm looking to do a budget retrofit on my bugeye wrx. I don't anticipate on keeping the car for too much longer, about a year or so, but I travel a lot more now on dark country back roads. I've had my eye on the MH1 6.0 setup for quite some time but then I came across and quickly became interested in the Morimoto Mini H1 7.0 Prototype projectors advertised on TRS for $75.00

I've used search but haven't been successful in finding anything. Are there any output shots of these projectors? I don't want to waste my money on 6.0's if the 7's are coming out soon ESPECIALLY if the prototype is better than the "perfect" 6.0's.
    Don't really care for color at this point, just width and distance output.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

If you want width and distance mini is not for you lol
    AAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

The small pictures there lead me to think that it is based on the Q5R platform (which the Mini D2S 3.0 probably started from). I'm not sure if it is worth keeping the smaller H1 base if your 9007 bulb opening can take the D2S diameter. In that case, better take the Mini D2S 3.0 instead.

(I have a bugeye too, but used a different headlight housing as the donor housing, so I don't know how much space the oem halogens provide)
      Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Really? I thought the MH1 dominated over the d2s 3.0?
        And @mdufficy - I know the MH1 is not a performance projector. I used to have OEM Infinity FX45 in my 1991 Jetta.
        Nevertheless, It is going to be a budget retro and mini's look like they will dominate halogens any day of the week.

Comment

For width and distance I'd pick MD2S 3.0 over H1. And they can be had relatively cheap if u look on here and TRS/eBay/amazon/Ali express

Comment

Originally posted by Turbopassat16v View Post
            Really? I thought the MH1 dominated over the d2s 3.0?
            And @mdufficy - I know the MH1 is not a performance projector. I used to have OEM Infinity FX45 in my 1991 Jetta.
            Nevertheless, It is going to be a budget retro and mini's look like they will dominate halogens any day of the week.
            Iirc, in some pictures, it looks like the Mini H1 6.0 has more intensity going to the sides than Mini D2S 3.0. But I don't think that it makes the H1 superior.
            Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

I've never heard of the 7.0, good luck finding info on it!

Comment

I just looked at a bunch of posts on MD2S 3.0 Everyone is saying they are almost comparable with the FX-R 3.0's
                I think I'll go with those. I've seen them on Aliexpress and eBay for a fraction of the cost of TRS, but you get what you pay for... And I like TRS customer service and warranty.

Comment

There are/were some 7.0 prototypes in TRS close out

EDIT: Just checked n not there n e more
                  Last edited by Nuvolari; September 4th, 2014, 12:03 AM.

Comment

That's y I buy from TRS, definitely worth it, I'd rather spend a little extra n get warranty and not worry about my $200+ component failing and being stuck cuz I bought it second hand w/o warranty to save $20.

Comment

It is now magically gone from the TRS website...

Comment

I swear im not going crazy. Good thing there's google cache.

mh17.jpg

Comment

And they were indeed $75....

Hey Matt............ Need a guinea pig?

Comment

If they're not on the site anymore in closeouts, means we simply ran out of stock on them

Unfortunately we don't expect these to launch until Spring 2014, so it's gonna be a while fellas!

The D2S 3.0 works really well though and would be a good fit in your Bugeye retrofit, give em a shot. I think we can get you a good deal on a set too, especially if you're willing to accept a tiny imperfection in the lens or something like that.

Lexus GS350 F Sport : Skipper Designs Front Lip : Rotiform BLQ Concave : Michelin PSS : Brembo GT 380mm : RSR Suspension : GS350/STi-R Bi-xenon
                            * For any inquiries please e-mail TRSMatt@TheRetrofitSource.com, PM's = not a good way to reach me*

Comment

Originally posted by TRSMatt View Post
                              If they're not on the site anymore in closeouts, means we simply ran out of stock on them

Unfortunately we don't expect these to launch until Spring 2014, so it's gonna be a while fellas!

The D2S 3.0 works really well though and would be a good fit in your Bugeye retrofit, give em a shot. I think we can get you a good deal on a set too, especially if you're willing to accept a tiny imperfection in the lens or something like that.
                              I'm assuming that's supposed to be 2015. Otherwise you guys would be way late on that.
                              2012 Camry SE RX-350/STI-R Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X