Are the XB35 D2S ballasts worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the XB35 D2S ballasts worth it?

Hey, I am intending to get the MD2S 5.0 kit, but I am puzzled by the fact that are the XB35 D2S ballasts worth the extra money? I have a pair of DLT F3T Fast Bright ballasts already, so I am wondering will they outperform the XB35 ballasts (not to mention durability and other quality related features)?

The F3T input wattage is about 58 watts (haven't managed to measure the output wattage), so I am a bit worried if the D2S bulbs will be running on too high wattage to cause harm to the projectors reflector bowls, either through increased heat or the emitted UV radiation. This also quite obviously will shorten the lifespan of the bulbs.

If I happen to use the F3T ballasts, will a regular D2S adapter do the job? I am intending to power the ballasts from the original low beam wiring using the spade connectors.

Run a relay harness. The DLT F3 is great, like a close replica of the Denso slim.

Comment

Originally posted by niZmO_Man View Post
      Run a relay harness. The DLT F3 is great, like a close replica of the Denso slim.
      What are the main advantages of running a relay harness if the OEM wiring is able to keep up? The reason why I would not want to install the harness is (not only due to lack of effort) that the Volvo central electronic module will be whining about burnt bulbs when there is not a bulb attached to the end of the OEM low beam wiring. I've managed to make the OEM wiring and the bulb check work well with either OEM halogen or normal 35W HID, so I can't see a reason why a relay harness would be necessary.

Comment

The XB35 D2S ballasts is available for 35w and 50 w standard. The F3T 58 w will make the bulb brighter. The ballast should be usable, But The excess heat generated by F3T 58 w has some bad effects.thus the bulb life may be shorter.

Comment

Working...
        X