5500K bulb turned blue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5500K bulb turned blue

I have a quad projector setup on my car, 4 Mini H1 7.0ís with 5500K Morimoto bulbs. One of my 4 (the outer passenger bulb) started flickering last night and is now noticeably more blue than the other 3 bulbs, which are still pure white/5500K.

Is this normal? The bulb is a bit over 2 years old. Iíd heard that the bulbs will eventually turn blue as they age, but this seems really premature (and it looks kind of out of place with how itís a different tint than the other 3 bulbs.

Sounds like a bulb failure, generally 2 years is too quickly and bulbs should wear approximately evenly. My 5000K Yeaky bulbs are shifting warmer lately, after 3 years of use.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Time for new bulbs.
      Does XenonDepot do rebased Philips capsule to H1 base?

Comment

Yes! I also found out today XenonDepot H7 come with an actual H7 connector, not spades like Mori and other brands. For some reason 9006 and H11 always have plugs but not H7.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
          Yes! I also found out today XenonDepot H7 come with an actual H7 connector, not spades like Mori and other brands. For some reason 9006 and H11 always have plugs but not H7.
          Does Xenon Depot make the best bulbs? I have 4 Morimoto H1 5500K bulbs right now. Which bulb should I be buying?

https://www.xenondepot.com/H1-H1LL-H...p/xt-h1-rb.htm

Based on their images, even their 4300K seems a lot more white than most 4300K's? The 4300K Phillips options especially...

Comment

Ignore the little color squares, they're not representative of the actual color. 4300K is what you'd expect, OEM HID color. Yes I firmly believe they make the best aftermarket bulbs. https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...bulb-shootout/

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Working...
            X