Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driver Side HID Not Functioning (Brand New D2S Stage III System)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver Side HID Not Functioning (Brand New D2S Stage III System)

Hows it going HID Planet? So when TRS was running their Black Friday Sale, I had to jump on it. I ordered the Morimoto D2S Stage III RetroFit Kit with 55w Ballasts and 5500k Bulbs. Everyting came and looked awesome.

Yesterday I did the install on my 2003 Honda Element and it was a very smooth process. Well when I finished and fired them up, my drivers side came on for about a half a second, shut off, and never came back on again, However, the Passenger side works no problem. Well because of this I sourced some new Phillips D2S Bulbs because I thought maybe a bulb had blown and I needed to get the vehicle up and running again. Well I installed the new Phillips D2S Bulbs today and nothing has changed. Drivers side does not turn on but didnt even attempt to either.

I am thinking it may be a bad Ballast possibly? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just need to get the vehicle back up and operation for night driving. Passenger side still works flawlessly but drivers side does not even turn on. I can hear a click in the ballast when I turn them on which I think its getting power and when switching to HB it does sound like it makes that hard click like the passenger side does.

I appreciate all the help and Feedback in hopes I can get this figure out asap.

Adam

Swap ballasts and see if problem follows the ballast
    *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Well I got into troubleshooting some more today. Swapped Ballasts, same problem, same side. Swapped Ignitors, same problem, same side. Decided to change location of ground, WORKS LIKE A CHARM! I have it grounded in the same exact place on both sides so I didnt even think to look at my ground especially after seeing it flash on for a split second initially but never do that again after.

Lesson: BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GROUNDS!

Comment

Good work! Grounds are often ignored as a potential issue.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
        2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Working...
        X