Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo P1 - C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 HID Solution

TRS,

I have done extensive research on HID retrofits in the P1 Platform Volvos (2005-2012 S40/V50/C30/C70N)... These cars have a very specific and eccentric CEM (central electronics module) that uses PWM voltage regulation on the headlight DRL combo at ~80HZ to extend bulb life, and the left headlight ground is shared with a sensitive computer module that controls the windshield wiper motor. Traditional "error harnesses" don't have enough capacitance to properly filter this low frequency, nor do they have a ground to divert transient currents. A complete summary of the issues is presented in this thread.

I understand that you are not interested in producing a solution for these vehicles. If this position changes in the future, feel free to contact me.

Thanks!
    Last edited by theshadow27; January 13th, 2017, 10:52 AM. Reason: Taking offer elsewhere.

Nice to see someone willing to share their research/design purely for the benefit of their car community, having no interest in gaining financial reward for their design and work, I commend you.
    Golf III VR6 Highline - currently AP1 S2000 retro in InPro R32 look lights, 4 stage Adjustable Boosted Bosch ballasts 35W-68W

Comment

Thanks. Honestly I'm surprised at the lack of interest from TRS Maybe I'm not posting to the right place?
      Last edited by theshadow27; January 13th, 2017, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Just to clarify for MOQ, 50 orders = 100 units (There are 2 units per vehicle)

Comment

Hello TRS,

It's been a week and I haven't heard anything!

Please let me know ASAP if you are interested or not - there are now 67 people that would like to know what's going on.

No problem if you are not interested, I will find another way to build the canceler module. In that case, perhaps we can still work together to build a customized bundle for the P1 chassis.

Thanks,

Jacob

Comment

This isn't their email address buddy. Email them directly.

Comment

Originally posted by niZmO_Man View Post
              This isn't their email address buddy. Email them directly.
              I have emailed them directly many times, support (at) theretrofitsource.com . The last response that I got was over 1 week ago,

Jan 4, 13:00 EST
              Hi Jacob,
              Thanks for your reply and information! I will forward this onto our COO who deals with this kind of product development and see what he has to say.
              Regards,

Jamielle TRS TRS
              Regardless of if they are willing to take on this project or not, professional etiquette would be to provide some sort of confirmation that a decision has been made, or at least that discussion is in progress.

I was hoping that the more technical / senior folks would be monitoring this forum. Looks like I was mistaken.

Comment

Haha they do, but probably don't want to take up on your offer.
                Just get them made yourself if you can. You'll probably sell a heap of them up your way compared to USA.

Comment

Originally posted by niZmO_Man View Post
                  Haha they do, but probably don't want to take up on your offer. Just get them made yourself if you can. You'll probably sell a heap of them up your way compared to USA.
                  Point taken; I will look elsewhere. Bummer, I've always been a fan of TRS.

Comment

Just incase anyone is curious what happened, I decided to build them myself. Info at https://www.skbowe.com

Comment

Thank you for making these,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

65 SKBOWEs sold in 8 months! TRS - the offer is still open...

Comment

Working...
                        X