Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car events along the Route 66 during May?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car events along the Route 66 during May?

Hi there,

As there are car enthusiasts from every make and model in this forum I consider this a good place to ask:

In May I am going on a road trip with my buddy. We will start in Chicago and travel down and eastbound to LA, roughly following the former Route 66

Since we are both heavy car enthusiasts we would like to visit some meets/events during that time.

Our field of interest ranges from euro cars, Asian cars over American muscle cars (current and older models) to bad ass trucks. While we enjoy most facettes of automotive culture we are not so much interested in bone stock classic cars babied by old men with no humor, if you know what I mean.

Is there any meet in that area/during that time that you guys would recommend to join? Some epic VAG meets, a stance culture get together or a big brodozer showdown?

Thanks a bunch,
    modmatt

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I've driven parts of the historic 66, but I think it's more about sights than meets

Comment

I liveoff Route 66
      Originally posted by nine44
      350 wit da wrist boy?

Comment

if you waited till the June you could follow the Power Tour to STL

Comment

good luck. a lot of the old historic bits of 66 are dying off.. i've tried following it a couple times from the indiana border halfway through illinois and have gotten lost a lot. it's not very well marked at all anymore.
          The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time

Comment

We actually just booked a tour off a catalogue so the hotels and dates are fixed and we are free to drive wherever we want and how ever we want to get to the next hotel.
            We might leave out one or two of the hotels to reach some off locations by driving over night.
            Was just a shot in the dark here. It's not like we can go anywhere anytime. But it would be bummer if we stayed in Tulsa for example and miss out a big meet of cool cars that happens the same day/night without us knowing.

We'll spend a weekend in Las Vegas and half a week in the LA area. So we should find something interesting there at least.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Comment

i wanna drive rout 66 some day..... lol

'83 Mustang GT, '98 F150 XLT
              Have A Bear Of A Day

Comment

We stopped at Roadkill Cafe on our way from Phoenix to Las Vegas. We made a stop, several stops, at the Grand Canyon first. This was on our road trip we did back in August.

Comment

It's not far from me, there's some nice little towns and areas. If you stop in Wilmington IL it's a tough choice between Haydens Crossing (more upscale sit down) and Nelly's (more fast food style greasy spoon). Be sure to get some ice cream at Lickety Split and take a picture with the Gemini Astronaut! Further on is Dwight IL with many historic sights and a good restaurant called Old Route 66 Family Restaurant, typical diner fare but it's a nice change of pace if you don't get good small town diner food often.
                  http://www.il66redcarpetcorridor.org/
                  https://www.wilmington-il.com/Route_66.html
                  http://www.dwightillinois.org/history.html
                  2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
                  1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'

Comment

Working...
                  X