Bay Area/NorCal Retrofitters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Area/NorCal Retrofitters

Who's up in the Bay that can do retros? I have a 2014 Ford Focus. Let me know! Planning on either getting the complete H1 Mini Morimoto kit or equivalent kit but with RX350 projectors. Stock headlamp assemblies will be used.

People or shops are fine for recommendations!

bump...i'm curious as well. TRS' supposed authorized dealer in Sacramento no longer offers it as part of their services.

Comment

Come to Socal!
      Originally posted by nine44
      350 wit da wrist boy?

Comment

Xtreme HID in San Jose is an authorized dealer of TRS
        *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by HK45 View Post
          Xtreme HID in San Jose is an authorized dealer of TRS
          Yes, I'd already contacted them, but they wanted an arm and a leg for the retro and installation!

Comment

May I ask what they quoted you?
            If it's in the $800+ range, that's about going price to pro-fitters.

Comment

Originally posted by KurumaOtaku View Post
              May I ask what they quoted you?
              If it's in the $800+ range, that's about going price to pro-fitters.
              Sure; they quoted me $200 for the projectors and $500 for the labor/install/retro.

The actual HID components were not mentioned/included, so I would've had to pick those up as well (although they did tell me that their black friday sale would be 50% off HIDs, so I guess there's some savings there vs buying the same pieces from TRS directly).

At a minimum, I was looking at $700, before the additional pieces, and before tax. And that is with my own stock housings. But that's still better than the $1100 I was quoted at another local shop!

I instead went to another outfit across the country and ordered there (thelightingfirm) for $599 w/replica housings. Since I had a custom order, it's taking a bit of time, and I think they're now just waiting on an LED strip to come back in stock from TRS. I also had them wait for them to get the XB35 ballasts instead of using the older Morimoto ballasts.

Comment

Anyone know of any private retrofitters or legit shops that provide retrofit services in the sac area? The one supposed authorized TRS installer here in Sacramento says they no longer provide these services. I did a retrofit myself with help, but one of the headlights rotation is off. I don't feel like fixing it myself anymore at this point, so I am just willing to pay someone to fix it.

Comment

2012 VW Jetta GLI. FX-R Stage 3.0

I mounted it using JB weld epoxy and a little bit of OCI butyl rubber glue from TRS.

Here is my cutoff for reference:

updated cutoff.jpg

Comment

I bet BVC would do it
                    *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Not at all lol

Best i could offer is a place to work on them and tools.

..but thats just cause I'm lonely
                      2017 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by BVC View Post
                        Not at all lol

Best i could offer is a place to work on them and tools.

..but thats just cause I'm lonely
                        even if i'm willing to pay?

Comment

Originally posted by Peelo801 View Post
                          even if i'm willing to pay?
                          Well.. I mean if you WANT to pay me to use my garage & tools... I was going to offer em for free

But seriously, no not even for money would I retrofit. Best I could offer is just advice and a helping hand. While I've been on this forum for a little over 4 years and have learned a lot, I would not feel comfortable doing work for someone else. I've done 3 retrofits which came out good but it's not something I'd do for $$ or enjoy physically doing

Then afterwords at night fall we can take the drone to the sky and get some cool aerial shots!
                          2017 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by BVC View Post
                            Well.. I mean if you WANT to pay me to use my garage & tools... I was going to offer em for free

But seriously, no not even for money would I retrofit. Best I could offer is just advice and a helping hand. While I've been on this forum for a little over 4 years and have learned a lot, I would not feel comfortable doing work for someone else. I've done 3 retrofits which came out good but it's not something I'd do for $$ or enjoy physically doing

Then afterwords at night fall we can take the drone to the sky and get some cool aerial shots!
                            haha that's fair. For the record, though, it wouldn't be a complete retrofit as i just need to fix the rotation of the projector on one of my headlights. I don't even think a dremel would be required because it would just have to be heated up to be opened back up. Would you happen to know anyone else or a shop you can refer me to?

Drone shots would be awesome!

Comment

Working...
                            X