• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZeeMaps - Where Are You Located?

[Map of HIDPlanet Members, Retrofitters, and Staff]

[If you would like to add yourself to the map]
    • Visit this Link http://www.zeemaps.com/pub?group=420...add=1&legend=1
    • This link will show a legend at the bottom of the map, and there will be an Add button where you can add your location in the top right
    • Password to Add a location= HIDP4Life
    • To make proper use of the map legend, make sure your marker is selected as "Candle" as pictured below
    • candle.png

• For Retrofitters - Select Yellow as pictured below (hope you like the garage icon)
    • yellow.png

[For Retrofitters]

To help keep up with the integrity of the map, if you notice out of place pins, or invalid locations for HID Retrofitters, etc. Please post in this thread.
    Last edited by xOperator; September 29th, 2012, 04:56 PM.
    Write Something....../

^^^ Awesome work! Nice tutorial!
    RX350BX (EU) | STI-R | XB35 Ballasts| HD Relay | 66240 CBI | JDM AStar LED Int. | AFSpec LED Ext.

Comment

I added myself. Put my Vehicle Info and photo. Pretty neat. I may try to use this via our family website..pretty neat map!

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenVisaCard View Post
        I added myself. Put my Vehicle Info and photo. Pretty neat. I may try to use this via our family website..pretty neat map!
        ZeeMaps is an awesome site as I've used it to make several alternate history maps.

@oVerRateD:
        1) I understand the 'Candle' marker is used to represent individual members.

2) I know we have a pretty easy system down to easily represent everyone but should be have a separate icon to denote a professional retrofit business from a private retrofitter?
        Last edited by Sean Lezner; September 25th, 2012, 07:25 PM.
        RX350BX (EU) | STI-R | XB35 Ballasts| HD Relay | 66240 CBI | JDM AStar LED Int. | AFSpec LED Ext.

Comment

Why the hell do moderators need a different icon? If it's a map for retrofitters & members.. well... just seems a little unnecessary to me. lol. I think it'd be a good resource for people to get help locally if they need it.
          2012 Volkswagen Golf R. 2016 Ford Fiesta ST

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by wireless View Post
            Why the hell do moderators need a different icon? If it's a map for retrofitters & members.. well... just seems a little unnecessary to me. lol. I think it'd be a good resource for people to get help locally if they need it.
            I thought the same. Letting people know you're a moderator would kind of be irrelevant lol.

EDIT: I didn't see on the map legend that it represents HIDP 'staff' members lol.

Comment

I saw it too on the legend (small legend, but still a legend! lol) but it seems irrelevant in the case of needing to know where a retrofitter or member lives.. Iunno.

Also, the "edit" link it gave me, doesn't work, so I can't add pictures etc (since I'm home from work now) lol. I'm going to make another one, can you delete the one w/o a pic? thx.
              2012 Volkswagen Golf R. 2016 Ford Fiesta ST

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

I saw it too on the legend (small legend, but still a legend! lol) but it seems irrelevant in the case of needing to know where a retrofitter or member lives.. Iunno.

Also, the "edit" link it gave me, doesn't work, so I can't add pictures etc (since I'm home from work now) lol. I'm going to make another one, can you delete the one w/o a pic? thx.
                I tried to delete my photo as well. Just simply go under the media tab and hit the 'Change Photo' button and once you upload a new photo it will replace the existing one.

Comment

Great job Overrated, I knew you'd be the man for the job! (definitely not me lol).

lol, I was the second one on there after overrated himself, so it was before there was a distinction. MEH! Who cares, different icons are pretty

Oh, and I'll delete the second one for you

Comment

I deleted the extra one before see this thread... Gold, ill make a new pin called "TEST", see you can play around with the admin login info

edit: oh and yeah... I was fooling around with different map icons. So the icons might be changing over the next few days.... trying to figure out which color or type looks better, and what size icons (the default icons were crap, so made custom ones)
                    Last edited by xOperator; September 26th, 2012, 04:48 AM.
                    Write Something....../

Comment

Since these guys are all listed on the TRS site, perhaps a staff member would be kind enough to input them into the map?

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/rec...trofitters.php

2015.5 RR V8SC
                      2015 Z06/07

Comment

Originally posted by soulsea View Post
                        Since these guys are all listed on the TRS site, perhaps a staff member would be kind enough to input them into the map?

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/rec...trofitters.php
                        How'd I do???

Comment

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
                          How'd I do???
                          +Rep!

Comment

We have a rep button?

wtf. I liked that feature on other forums.. tho it actually shows your rep status under your avatar.

Comment

Yeah, hit the 6-point star thing under my post because I put the retrofitters on the map lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X