• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dream has come true, thank you!

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post

What generation are your Morimoto's? The Acmes may be based off a newer generation of Mh1 than your's.

BTW guys Lightwerkz has a 20% Christmas sale at the moment. $116 5.0s, $90 4.0s ( $6 less than the Mh1 7.0 sale price ), $96 G5-R.
      I want to say gen6? They around 4 years old, vs the ACMEs are less then a year.

Id love to take advantage of a sale but bills prevail atm

Comment

Originally posted by Malibuguy79 View Post

I want to say gen6? They around 4 years old, vs the ACMEs are less then a year.

Id love to take advantage of a sale but bills prevail atm
        Tell me about it, godamn bills.

Maybe your Moris' bowls are burnt, or the bulbs are just getting tired.
        Originally posted by HK45
        I don't even look to see what Eddie writes anymore. I'm too busy staring at his avatar.

Comment

Tell me about it, godamn bills.

Maybe your Moris' bowls are burnt, or the bulbs are just getting tired.
          The bulbs are maybe 2 years old and I do have a new exact set on the shelf ready JIC. But the lights have never been just "awesome" like my ACMEs.

they could be getting dull i dunno. Id like to hook up the high watt switch eventually

Comment

Anybody find any road output shots of the new 5.0's yet? All I can find are photos of the cutoff against a wall which really doesn't say much for how the projector performs.

Comment

In a previous video LW compared the 4.0 to the G5R (same wall), It was 293 vs 540 lux, an 84% increase. This latest comparison of 331 (4.0) vs 561 (5.0) comes out to a 69% increase

So the 5.0 is almost as good as the G5-R
              Eddie, when you talk about the G5-R (apologies, newbie here)... do you mean a generic Aliexpress Gen 5 like this one:

https://tinyurl.com/y9cskmt9

or do you mean another product?

TA.

Comment

This one: https://www.lightwerkz.net/index.php...tors-1502.html
                Which is probably the same as what you linked.

Comment

Originally posted by Starflex978 View Post

Eddie, when you talk about the G5-R (apologies, newbie here)... do you mean a generic Aliexpress Gen 5 like this one:

https://tinyurl.com/y9cskmt9

or do you mean another product?

TA.
                  The G5-R I talked about and use are the NHK brand projectors Lightwerkz sells and used in the comparison video. I've never tried the other brands like Autoki.
                  Originally posted by HK45
                  I don't even look to see what Eddie writes anymore. I'm too busy staring at his avatar.

Comment

Cant wait to put my G5Rs in, gonna burn 2 strips in the road

Comment

The 5.0's aren't that great, I've recently purchased a set and the colour/output/width isn't much of an improvement over my modified Bosch E46 projectors!! After seeing all the hype online I bit the bullet and ordered a set from across the pond and after taxes etc really wish I kept my money.

D2S 5.0 on osram CBI bulb and 50w ballast

Bosch E46 with TRS lens and shield mod on same bulb and ballast

Any tips on any mods I can do to get the 5.0 performing a bit better?

Comment

I'm sure someone with a bit more experience will chime in but. From the looks of the pictures. The E46 looks to have more foreground and slightly less intense hot spot. The right side width (on the fence) looks to be brighter than the 5.0. But the left side it looks like the 5.0 is a bit brighter. In this case I'm referring to close to the cut off. If you look further down on the sides, the 5.0 lights up the ground more than the E46.
                        ​​​​​​
                        The 5.0 does look to have a better/tighter to the cut off hot spot so it does definitely look like an improvement.

My guess is changing/modding a projector to gain width isn't really possible. So if that was/is important to you then you might have the wrong projector.

The 4.0 lacked intensity at the center and the GR-5 fixed that. It looks like the 5.0 did the same thing and they focused on getting an intense hot spot. But both had to sacrifice width to do so.

So there is always a trade off.

I'm my case I had 4.0's to work with and a shield drop and slight modification to the cut off improved the intensity.

I think about the only thing you can do is play with spacing. Bulb spacing might allow you to get more width but it would likely require the bulb to be pushed in further which isn't possible. Spacing the shield might change the focus a bit and spacing the lens may change the colour a bit.

​​​

​​​​

Comment

Sorry I wasn't clear about the width, I know it would be difficult to get more width but would have liked the light out to the side a bit fuller than it is. I think I was just expecting the output to be more uniform like in the various photos I had seen. I will play a bit with bulb/lens spacing to see if there is any difference, may even be try the shield drop.

Thanks for the ideas

I may modify the shield again on the Bosch to mimic the cutoff angle of the 5.0 and run quads to see what I can achieve as they look quite well matched

Comment

Working...
                          X