No announcement yet.

Morimoto Mini D2S 5.0 - Output Shot Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aren't the EVOX-R 2.0's direct replacements for the E55s?
    Originally posted by HK45
    I don't even look to see what Eddie writes anymore. I'm too busy staring at his avatar.

Comment

Yes, except the 2.0 is slightly shorter in length. So like for my vehicle where the OEM headlights have the bezel/shroud/mounting points as one piece there might be a gap between the shroud & lens holder/lens.
      Originally posted by gold94corolla
      it gets you all the b*tches

Comment

Put some washers in to space it forward when you mount it (or a nut + washers).

Comment

What is the possibility that the new blue coated lens would fit in a Mini H1 7.0? Or a D2S 4.0?

Comment

Originally posted by mixmansc View Post
            What is the possibility that the new blue coated lens would fit in a Mini H1 7.0? Or a D2S 4.0?
            MH1s have a totally different lens,mainly being 2.5" vs. 3".

The 5.0 lens is probably the same as 4.0's as far as focus and dimensions, email the lightwerkz guys and see if they used a 4.0 clear lens for their tests.
            I don't even look to see what Eddie writes anymore. I'm too busy staring at his avatar.

Comment

It may not be the same between the 4.0 and 5.0.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
              2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Bonehead me - will a 3" lens fit the MH1.... I know better too. lol

Still, if the focus is the same between the 4.0 and 5.0 it might be a decent budget upgrade for 4.0 users as long as they have some setup that is easy to open back up to swap the lens.

Comment

Lightwerkz finally posted a comparison of the G5R and MD2S 5.0. G5R is the winner IMO. The G5R has a much larger area of high intensity compared to the small "hyperspot" on the 5.0. They still didn't provide a lux reading for the warmer deadspot on the 5.0. I'm curious how much lower the reading would be there. I'm also not a fan of the color output with the coated lens. The G5R wins hands down in price, output, and color IMO. With that said, I do like the sloped step on the 5.0.

Comment

Yep, I won't be changing out my G5-R projectors lol

Comment

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
                      Yep, I won't be changing out my G5-R projectors lol
                      Waiting for those people swapped from G5-R to 5.0 to sell their old projectors for cheap LOL

Comment

Oh boy cheap G5-R projectors! I don't have enough cars to retrofit...

Who am I kidding, none of my cars are even retrofitted.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
                          Oh boy cheap G5-R projectors! I don't have enough cars to retrofit...
                          I'm down to one pair of G5-R, G5-EX, G5-EXL, and G5-VIP.

Who am I kidding, none of my cars are even retrofitted.
                          Well you are after all the PNP Master...wait WTF, your title says PNP Enthusiast now. Wasn't it PNP Master before? Were you demoted?!

Comment

OMG I think I was demoted. gold94corolla EXPLAIN YOURSELF.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Comment

Do you guys think the 5.0's are worth it for the better width and no bowing in the cutoff? My gripe with the G5-R is that the width seems to be lacking (or more so that the light output on the road seems to have lots of dimly-lit areas?). I'm also worried that the bowing on the G5-R would really bother me when the lights are hitting a wall. Better to go with the 5.0's for someone who's OCD like me, or are the G5-R's still the superior choice?

Comment

Working...
                                X