Beware of Innacurate Descriptions Before Ordering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware of Innacurate Descriptions Before Ordering

I can't help but be fairly annoyed about this right now so hopefully TRS takes notes and changes their product descriptions on certain items. That way this doesn't happen to others in the future. Here is what has happened:

I originally bought some A-stock EU shield RX350s, clear lenses, denso ballasts, and CBI bulbs for a retrofit in my '15 GMC Sierra. Also bought a harness, but that was just to test things on the truck itself before I went down the path of making my own. I ended up making my own harness to: consolidate connections (the 3 grounds are now 1), remove unnecessary plugs, and have it fit the truck better (more hidden/routed how I preferred.) The first set of projectors arrived with one damaged. I returned those without problem and was able to make a special request for the US shield versions instead which was great. I got the new ones so I started the retro 2 weekends ago.

I was done and aiming the projectors around 11:30pm on 05/25/15. Kind of late, but wouldn't take long to reseal the housing and get to bed. Well I accidentally broke the bulb holder on one projectors while aiming. As a result, at 11:30pm I had to start the process of undoing everything I had already done and put the stock halogen projectors back in the headlight so I could get to work in the morning. Definitely one of those "fffuuuuu.jpeg" moments. I guess at least next time I open them up it will go faster since they aren't permasealed anymore.

I chatted with TRS on 5/26/15 to inquire on how to get a single RX350 projector so I could use the bowl to swap over to fix my dumb mistake. A projector was placed in my cart with the description "Used RX350 Low Beam Projectors" and I completed the order. All is well I thought because the low beam bowl is the same as the bixenon bowl I broke so I can just swap it and be done. I get the projector on 5/29/15 and see that the little "ear" of the projector that snags the metal bulb retaining spring is broken and not in the box meaning it was damaged prior to shipping. I'm confused at this point so I chat with TRS on 6/1/15 and I ask to get a replacement. I actually was going to buy 2 this time in hopes that at least one would make it to me undamaged because I already sent back others in this project that arrived damaged. 2 more with the same description are placed in my cart for me and I'm about to complete the order and I think to myself "hang on, let's figure out why this arrived broken first." I asked if "used" really means "closeout" which would explain why it was damaged. Come to find out that yeah used does mean closeout. If I had gone through with that order I would have bought 3 projectors I never even wanted in the first place.

I was never told it was a closeout item and I believe I was clear that I wanted a good condition projector. Why would I buy a projector with a broken bulb retainer when that's the exact problem I'm trying to fix? I then placed an order and had to spend another $190 for (2) good projectors just get a single good bowl to use...pretty frustrating, but it's an expensive lesson learned not to break things lol. Anways, I started a return request for the one I had just received on 5/29/15. That request was refused because of the no return policy on closeout items. I had a feeling it would be, but thought with explaining it in the comment box that it might be accepted. Now I'm stuck with this projector and just wasted money.

The descriptions of closeout items should explicitly say "closeout" in the description in the checkout cart. Had I see that wording I would have immediately questioned what was in my cart and not purchased it. The word "used" is very misleading since the A-stock projectors I originally bought are also used. That's the whole reason I didn't think twice about it. I believe I even said I didn't want closeout items in my chat on 05/26/15, but maybe I didn't. I didn't save any copies of chat transcripts, but wish I had now so I could post them as well showing a trend of anytime the word closeout was discussed it was me saying "no closeout items are going on a brand new expensive car."

Looks like I'll make a for sale ad here in a couple of days when I have the 2 good projectors that are being shipped right now. I'll post the 1 good one I don't need and also this closeout one I can't return and hopefully I can recoup at least some of the cost of this now very expensive retrofit. It's around the $1,100 mark in total right now I think :/

EDIT: Mainly fixed some spelling/grammar.
    Last edited by Dunc; June 2nd, 2015, 12:21 PM.

Wow that's pretty epic.

I'm curious to hear the outcome of this.. because yeah - sounds like the cost of this added up pretty quick, plus the downtime of the vehicles headlights!
    2017 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost

Comment

I'll shoot you an email Brian and we can get something worked out. We have chat transcripts of everything so looking up those conversations wasn't tough. I'm sure we can figure out someway to get you taken care of here!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear of any confusion with Charlie here, as it looks like he did link you directly to the Closeouts section for these projectors, indicating they are not 100% perfect. I can agree that this can leave some room for confusion, however.

Regardless, as Zach mentioned, we'll do our best to help out here given the circumstances and will be reaching out to you shortly.

2015 Ford Party ST | 2013 Triumph Street Triple | Dr. LS460R: 227 built to date!

Comment

Originally posted by TRSAndrew View Post
          I'm sorry to hear of any confusion with Charlie here, as it looks like he did link you directly to the Closeouts section for these projectors, indicating they are not 100% perfect. I can agree that this can leave some room for confusion, however.
          This is on me then. I looked at the picture and bolded description and thought, "yup those look like RXs to me." I should have read the description/link more carefully and noticed I was on the closeout page.

Comment

Not a problem! I know we were looking at cheaper options to just try and help out a bad situation, which sadly turned worse. It's still wild out of luck of the draw they had the same issue we were trying to fix. But we're still going to see what we can to to help!

* For any inquiries please e-mail Support@TheRetrofitSource.com, PM's = not a good way to reach me*

Comment

Wow, just need Matt in here and the whole management team got in on this thread
              *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by HK45 View Post
                Wow, just need Matt in here and the whole management team got in on this thread
                Matt has a growing company. He doesn't hand out "ball massages" as much as he used to.

I'll never forget that thread He's one funny dude.

(I think the thread was his 2014 product release IIRC)
                2017 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost

Comment

Someone needs to do some work, otherwise he wouldn't be able to keep his shiny Lamborghini!
                  It's been a while since my last retrofit...

Swap: ZKW-R lens into Bosch/AL E46 bixenon projector | Swap: STI-R lens into G37 sedan bixenon projector
                  2010 Accord retrofit (G37 sedan bixenon) | 2015 Forester retrofit (G37 sedan bixenon)

Comment

Wait, he has a lambo also? I knew about the other three but not about that one.
                    ***MH1 Retro***
                    "America has three cities, New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."
                    - Tennessee Williams

Comment

none of the past couple months of info has pointed to him having a lambo anymore...
                      The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time

Comment

As an update:
                        TRSZach is working with me to facilitate the return of the (1) premium projector I'll have on hand after I fix the problem and complete the retro this weekend. He offered to do a return for the closeout projector, I opted to hang onto it. After seeing the transcript again I consider it my fault. I should have paid more attention and inspected the URL and also read the entire description on the website. Instead I just glanced at the website when chatting and saw a title of RX350 projector and it looked like one as well. I received the (2) premium ones yesterday and both arrived in great condition. I'm definitely looking forward to completing this project this weekend. After that all I'll have to do is figure out why the highbeams are only giving me 4.5v when I plug in any projetor stock or otherwise, but 12v when unplugged. Either way I'll at least have lowbeams this weekend.

I do appreciate the help from TRS on this. I've always had wonderful shopping experiences and customer service with them.

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
                          none of the past couple months of info has pointed to him having a lambo anymore...

He had a Murcielago at one point, though, right? At least based on this thread from 2011 he had one.
                          It's been a while since my last retrofit...

Swap: ZKW-R lens into Bosch/AL E46 bixenon projector | Swap: STI-R lens into G37 sedan bixenon projector
                          2010 Accord retrofit (G37 sedan bixenon) | 2015 Forester retrofit (G37 sedan bixenon)

Comment

Originally posted by infinite012 View Post

He had a Murcielago at one point, though, right? At least based on this thread from 2011 he had one.
                            yeah he did, ditched it for the porsche. he say's he's happier with it. i like it because it's more performance, and less flash.. but to each their own.
                            The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time

Comment

Must have been a Gallardo
                              *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X