Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LS430R Projectors | Bi-Xenon Conversion Service for LS430 Projectors - Ultra Wide & Ultra Exotic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think my car is farther away from the wall than yours in your pic. But I can't think why else the output would be completely different.

Comment

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
      I think my car is farther away from the wall than yours in your pic. But I can't think why else the output would be completely different.
      Really ? It looks closer haha

Comment

Originally posted by BlackFlameCustoms View Post
        Really ? It looks closer haha
        I had the camera zoomed way in lol

Comment

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
          I had the camera zoomed way in lol
          Fair enough

Comment

I took BFC up on this offer and ended up with brand new projectors and shrouds, converted to bixenon, using my old OEM polished lens from Paleryeder.

Bixenon LS430 HID Projectors by gold94corolla, on Flickr

Mounted them up yesterday, and the cutoff looks perfect!

LS430 Projector Cutoff Aimed by gold94corolla, on Flickr

Some thoughts. The bixenon solenoid blocks the lower reflector (for width) on the passenger side completely. Definitely a bummer. Also, the cutoff it higher than the reflector output on the other side, but not really an issue. Also, the shield conversion isn't quite wide enough to cover the entire cutoff, so you get a little flare as you can see above. Again, not something I care about.

Output on the road looks good! Lots of color at the cutoff.

LS430 CBI Output by gold94corolla, on Flickr

I have yet to hook up the high beam, so I'll be evaluating that next!

Good work to BFC, definitely recommended

Comment

Whats different about the left projector vs the right that causes the solenoid to block the reflector?
              Custom shield service not available at this time.

PM is not a great way to reach me. Email me at imagioX1@outlook.com

Comment

I'm not sure really, the projectors should be symmetrical to each other, and I would think that the solenoid would go in the middle. But if it's to one side, then that would do it.

Comment

Glad you like them gold - it's funny on the set here there's a ton of side light (extra bowl width) on the passenger side (and slightly less on the drivers). Not 100% sure why yours is semi-blocked. The bowls are LH & RH specific - there shouldn't be a glaring reason as to why the passenger side cutoff is like that. But maybe it's where that side solenoid ended up during the tuning/build. There's not a drastic amount of in-bowl depth with the solenoid - but it's possible it just comes a tad too close to the little cutout that allows light to enter the bowl.

Output does look sharp - enjoy the high beams when they are hooked up. Looking forward to seeing them

Comment

Yeah it's a bummer, the solenoid literally blocks 90% of the light, so there's no extra width over there. I'm used to lighting up all the way over to the passenger side A-pillar, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Hopefully the high beam is worth it (not that I need 3 pairs of high beams, but whatever) lol

Comment

So I finally got the high beam fired up today. They do seem to look like the original pics, rather than what I had before. I honestly like these better, because the old ones were just spots. These are nice and wide high beams. Granted, they still aren't going to work as your only high beam, but the output is VERY smooth!

One terrible pic for now, until my replacement camera arrives (again).

Bixenon High Beam Output by gold94corolla, on Flickr

The solenoids work much better than my old ones, they fire up nice and strong.

Comment

Nice

Comment

I wish i had a car that these would fit in, i would take BFC up on the offer also for the RHD ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Trups View Post
                            I wish i had a car that these would fit in, i would take BFC up on the offer also for the RHD ones.
                            That's usually the trouble - they are BIG. Fitting them in most housings is tough - fitting a set in a JK Wrangler was extremely tough - a real squeeze.

Comment

But these look the best the tighter it is, looks more OEM.

Comment

Damn that work on the jeep is impressive. I'd never imagine a fit in there!

Comment

Working...
                                X