THE GROUP BUY IS NOW OPEN!

Dual Output Power Supplies $75
    Quad Output Power Supplies $110

Members:
    1. Viper238
    2. svt_sean (maybe)

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...ack-for-trowe2

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...ack-for-trowe2

Thanks for taking a look at my thread! For interest in purchasing or asking questions, please PM me! If you are an experienced retrofitter or new on the block, and you've thought about getting a bench testing station, then you are in the right place! Having the ability to build a retrofit, and check the alignment of your projectors from the comfort of your own garage is awesome. I've "been there and done that" on the whole align your projectors mounted on your car. A lot of retrofit enthusiasts can't afford a weekend of car down time and don't want to spend the hour that it takes to mount headlights over and over again. With the benchtop HID testing station, you hook everything up, turn it on and go! This is a tool that should be in every retrofitter's toolbox.

HUGE UPDATE 2/9/14:

I have taken a lot of time off building these power supplies because I have been working on improving my power supplies and using your feedback to do so. So here is what I've come up with:

FEEDBACK 1: The individual on/off switches are confusing and seem unnecessary
    -The switches are technically unnecessary. I put them there for additional safety. A lot of you were wanting to have alligator clips plugged straight into the board, which I was willing to do. However, I wanted you guys to have complete and total control over where exactly you are sending 10A of current (0.1 A can kill you), so I put the individual switches in. I will not be hard wiring alligator clilps straight to the board any more. All of the outputs will be 9006 female plugs, and if you require alligator clips I will make a set of them connected to a 9006 male plug, so you will be able to attach and detach the alligator clips any time you like.

FEEDBACK 2: The power supply tends to make a lot of noise when I turn it on
    -99% of the noise is coming from the fan, and the low efficiency power supplies I was using before required a lot of fan speed. From here on out, I will be using 80+ bronze efficiency power supplies provided by a name brand power supply company. It makes a lot less heat, and the fan runs only fast enough to keep it cool and is SUPER QUIET!

FEEDBACK 3: The case flexes whenever I push the on button
    -that is because the power supply case is not very good quality, and in some cases the case flexed so much it required a lot of force to turn it on. The new power supply I will be using a thick steel case that will not flex one bit. The trade-off, however, is that it weighs a bit more.

FEEDBACK 4: The bulb flickers whenever I turn it on and then doesn't ignite
    -The power supply that I used to provide did not provide a smooth enough voltage to power on the HID kit every time you tried to use it. So from time to time, the overcurrent circuit would kick on and shut off the power supply (similar to tripping a circuit breaker). The new power supply I will be using is 100x more efficient and provides a much smoother current and voltage to your ballast. You will be able to kick it off and on as many times as you want without having to unplug it and plug it back in any time you want.

FEEDBACK 5: My PSU won't power a halogen bulb?
    -For some reason the old power supplies would not draw current under the load of a Halogen. Plain and simple, the PSU was just too cheap to handle the job. The new PSU's have no problems whatsoever accomplishing this task. (Power your halogens with alligator clips!)

FEEDBACK 6: I want to power 4 ballasts at once (or 2 ballasts and 2 LED rings)
    -Ask, and you shall receive my friends!

All future power supplies will be by Corsair, which is a high quality computer power supply manufacturer (if you build computers, you surely know of them) and I recently built one as a quad output. I could not get the power supply to trip, it supplies more than an ample amount of current to each ballast, and the case is as solid as a rock.

Pricing

Dual Output --------------- $90

Quad Output -------------- $120

Alligator connector ------- $5
    [SIZE=3]
    Shipping ------------------- FREE

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!
    Last edited by trowe2; July 13th, 2014, 10:26 PM.
    Headlight Sealant Database ****** PLEASE CONTRIBUTE!

NEW! Benchtop Power Supplies <----- JOIN THE GROUP BUY TODAY!

I'll take mine now, the other thread was closed

Can you pm me your Paypal email?
    ** Please use the reputation system by clicking the on a helpful post **

Comment

Paid for mine

Comment

Very nice should make box or something around it look cleaner. Just a suggestion

Comment

Originally posted by splvictim21 View Post
          Very nice should make box or something around it look cleaner. Just a suggestion
          That is a good idea, but I unfortunately can't keep the price as low as it is if I do that! I can make a carbon fiber box if anyone is interested lol. It will add $80 to the price though.

Comment

Payment sent
            ** Please use the reputation system by clicking the on a helpful post **

Comment

Updated with Pics. The white unit has sold! All remaining units will be in the gloss black trim.

Comment

I'll take one. Pm PayPal address.

Comment

Originally posted by trowe2 View Post
                  Updated with Pics.
                  Awesome, thanks! Looks good.

Comment

Oooooh is that one with the alligator clips mine?

Comment

Originally posted by Farmer Channing Kraemer View Post
                      I'll take one. Pm PayPal address.
                      PM'd

Originally posted by ChrisMan287 View Post
                      Oooooh is that one with the alligator clips mine?
                      Yes it is! What do you think? Before I ship it tomorrow haha.

Comment

Originally posted by trowe2 View Post
                        Yes it is! What do you think? Before I ship it tomorrow haha.
                        I want it right meow. Looks great to me.

Comment

I want one, but do you have one that has two ballast plug ins and one aligator clip option? Otherwise I want the one with two ballast plug ins please.

Comment

Originally posted by nate_0022 View Post
                            I want one, but do you have one that has two ballast plug ins and one aligator clip option? Otherwise I want the one with two ballast plug ins please.
                            Yes but that will require a custom setup with a different PSU. PM me for more information

Comment

Update?

Comment

Working...
                              X