Metrorestyling vinyl lens films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metrorestyling vinyl lens films

I bought Metro Styling clear lens film http://www.metrorestyling.com/Colore...p/lensfilm.htm to protect my truck's replacement headlights, corner marker lights, and bumper signal lights from damage along with some sample yellows to try on my foglights. Metro states the vinyls are "optically clear".

The yellows were transparent and glossy in finish, paper backing shows this product is actually Oracal brand 8300 series. The clear on the other hand was the opposite. It was translucent with a matte finish, similar to the stick-on vinyl shelf/drawer liners you buy at Home Depot, nothing printed on the paper backing so it's definitely not Oracal.

I contacted Metro about the clear crap, they're sending me glossy transparent paint protective film as a replacement

Cliff Notes ​Metro clear lens film = bad. Metro colored lens film = good. Metro customer service = good.
    Originally posted by HK45
    I don't even look to see what Eddie writes anymore. I'm too busy staring at his avatar.

Good to know, why not just buy Xpel?
    2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
    1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter View Post
      Good to know, why not just buy Xpel?
      To save a little money. It's around $70 for an Xpel kit and $27.99 for a 2ft x 4ft sheet from Metro, enough to do all the lights plus extra if I screw up the installation. If Metro refunded me I was considering getting Xpel instead.
      I don't even look to see what Eddie writes anymore. I'm too busy staring at his avatar.

Comment

I don't get why people cheap out on things like that..

My family has always taught me to don't pinch pennies and go for the good stuff (known good stuff, not because it has high $$ amount).

Any who - WOOHOO! Glad you got that all sorted out.

Pictures??
        2017 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost

Comment

Cheap out? It's not like I bought no-name bull shit vinyl off eBay. Oracal (the colored clear vinyl) is known good stuff,and if Metro also uses Oracal for their in-house PPF there's only a 2 mil difference compared to Xpel. My light assemblies are very simple shapes so I found no need for pre-cut stuff.

Maybe I'll post pics of the translucent vinyl I tore off my corner light and threw in the garbage LOL.

Comment

Working...
          X