Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the ultimate led fog light projector showdown!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by axipher View Post
    My Type-H's have less glare above the cutoff then my CBI's in FX-R's do in my really slanted housings. So I don't think glare is a huge issue they need to look at on the Type-H anyway, I can't comment on the other XB fogs directly though.

And in terms of color temperature, I agree entirely. And I still think they should offer them unsealed since an 80 mm halo fits perfectly in whatever that B-Stock one was I bought off of you MK.
    ive got the round ones.
    Octa projectors, eight OEM bulbs, ~30,000lm , and 169 degrees of driving heaven!

Comment

Hows that for the most modern of XB LED fogs? Lens looks a bit like the winning Nolden eh?

This one is the new GM 5202 replacement model.

GM H16 2.JPG

GM Spec.jpg

Butttttt when you consider the much wider range of fitments, the fact that the price is 50%, and they're backed by none other than yours truly, whose winning now?

Lexus GS350 F Sport : Skipper Designs Front Lip : Rotiform BLQ Concave : Michelin PSS : Brembo GT 380mm : RSR Suspension : GS350/STi-R Bi-xenon
      * For any inquiries please e-mail TRSMatt@TheRetrofitSource.com, PM's = not a good way to reach me*

Comment

GM 5202 you say?

***MH1 Retro***
        "America has three cities, New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."
        - Tennessee Williams

Comment

-Matt

What models will be updated with a Ver 2.0?
          2012 Camry SE RX-350/STI-R Build Thread

Comment

I like this comparo, poor X5 lol. I am still going to use it, just because they are cheaper then all get out. Still not sure how a narrow ass light (nolden) wins a fog comparison, but to each their own I guess.
            '04 Silverado 2500HD CCSB
            Awaiting a Proper HID retrofit (RX350)
            '00 Corvette 6spd; FBO LQ9, FX-R 3.0 on 50w
            '94 Camaro LQ4/4L80e Swap; WR
            '93 W/T 1500 RCLB LQ4/4L80e Swap; Sealed 6

Comment

Originally posted by MGMTF View Post
              I like this comparo, poor X5 lol. I am still going to use it, just because they are cheaper then all get out. Still not sure how a narrow ass light (nolden) wins a fog comparison, but to each their own I guess.
              This^^ Color flicker I think it was the winning point...that's useless in fogs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too lazy to browse HK45's mega-long output shot comparison thread?

Try the HIDP Projector Output Comparison App!

Comment

Originally posted by MGMTF View Post
                not just color flicker, though it helped i also liked that the intensity was across the entire beam, where the mori has most of it's intensity in the middle.. and i'm partial to the osram led's the nolden's use
                The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
                  not just color flicker, though it helped i also liked that the intensity was across the entire beam, where the mori has most of it's intensity in the middle.. and i'm partial to the osram led's the nolden's use
                  It isn't even a fog light pattern practically though...

Also something I think you neglected to note in your comparison is the way the X5 is suppose to work in conjunction with both left and right. In your pictures of the all three stacked, the X5 actual center is off from the other two. It is designed for the two lights to join in the middle and provide a even beam all the way across. So in reality when both lights are working in conjunction they are overall wider then the XBs
                  '04 Silverado 2500HD CCSB
                  Awaiting a Proper HID retrofit (RX350)
                  '00 Corvette 6spd; FBO LQ9, FX-R 3.0 on 50w
                  '94 Camaro LQ4/4L80e Swap; WR
                  '93 W/T 1500 RCLB LQ4/4L80e Swap; Sealed 6

Comment

One thing Ive always wanted to see is how these led fogs stack up against the fusions especially when running hid's in them.
                    Custom shield service not available at this time.

PM is not a great way to reach me. Email me at imagioX1@outlook.com

Comment

sure! just need a set of fusions!! lol
                      The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
                        sure! just need a set of fusions!! lol
                        Custom shield service not available at this time.

PM is not a great way to reach me. Email me at imagioX1@outlook.com

Comment

Working...
                        X