Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caveat Emptor - Let the buyer beware of DynamikiLLu51ons!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Its, things like this that make me wonder why I'm not really busy right now. I've only been doing retrofits for a year, but I've been doing custom auto work for quite some time, and I can tell you there are problems in every area of his operation. This guy is lazy, and puts priority on his time over his customers time. Even if you stand behind your work 100% it's always better to spend more time finishing a job the first time rather than have your customer send back part of their car. If you can't do it right, don't do it at all. You only hurt the rest of the industry.

    Comment


    • #17
      Just wondering, how much did you spend on this whole setup? Honestly you get what you pay for in many aspects of the auto industry. I'm a pro detailer an I can tell you I've fixed ALOT of work from others who claimed to be "detailers" wether it be on CG or word of mouth. Seeing his work makes me sad, there's a difference between mistakes and sheer laziness/crap/sloppy work. I've done hundreds of cars an had a couple of issues, not every job will go right but we learn from it. It's what you do about the errors you make that defines who you are an what your business is about. That all said if your paying 1/4 of the cost I would definitely be wary. My clients know the work isn't cheap but they are getting someone who cares about the end result more then they do.

      Quite honestly some of the ethics in the automotive world, especially the custom area are appalling. It literally makes want to throw up... Here's some food for thought for all guys in the industry. I think this was the first time I really, really, took a job to heart (Not that I don't care about my work, I'm ocd obsessive type regardless & care but this was a whole different level). A client was referred to me by a friend, an older gentleman (Super cool, all around great guy) explained what he wanted, discussed price an options etc. Long story short at the end of it all he told me why loves his cars. He explained his wife had passed due to cancer an the one thing that he has left is cars. This really hit me, these are like his children (Thats all I could think about). So to all you guys out there in the industry, think about that next time you work on someones ride. You don't know how much meaning a ride may have, do every job like it's yours and your entering it in a show! Your business will go a lot farther an people WILL see that.

      Comment


      • #18
        ^ amen to that.

        I used to have my own high-end detailing company so I can relate even more.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by The Driver View Post
          Just wondering, how much did you spend on this whole setup? Honestly you get what you pay for in many aspects of the auto industry. I'm a pro detailer an I can tell you I've fixed ALOT of work from others who claimed to be "detailers" wether it be on CG or word of mouth. Seeing his work makes me sad, there's a difference between mistakes and sheer laziness/crap/sloppy work. I've done hundreds of cars an had a couple of issues, not every job will go right but we learn from it. It's what you do about the errors you make that defines who you are an what your business is about. That all said if your paying 1/4 of the cost I would definitely be wary. My clients know the work isn't cheap but they are getting someone who cares about the end result more then they do.

          Quite honestly some of the ethics in the automotive world, especially the custom area are appalling. It literally makes want to throw up... Here's some food for thought for all guys in the industry. I think this was the first time I really, really, took a job to heart (Not that I don't care about my work, I'm ocd obsessive type regardless & care but this was a whole different level). A client was referred to me by a friend, an older gentleman (Super cool, all around great guy) explained what he wanted, discussed price an options etc. Long story short at the end of it all he told me why loves his cars. He explained his wife had passed due to cancer an the one thing that he has left is cars. This really hit me, these are like his children (Thats all I could think about). So to all you guys out there in the industry, think about that next time you work on someones ride. You don't know how much meaning a ride may have, do every job like it's yours and your entering it in a show! Your business will go a lot farther an people WILL see that.
          The Fusion owner that I shared the pictures paid $600 ($375 for the hack job plus another $225 for the Spec-D headlights. Bonder dished out $1650. I paid $460 for my original order.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by rpaz61 View Post
            The Fusion owner that I shared the pictures paid $600 ($375 for the hack job plus another $225 for the Spec-D headlights. Bonder dished out $1650. I paid $460 for my original order.
            Man thats crazy, I got quoted a tiny but more for mine but I know I'm getting a guy who is awesome an stellar reputation. I guess its another case of buyer beware.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by The Driver View Post
              Man thats crazy, I got quoted a tiny but more for mine but I know I'm getting a guy who is awesome an stellar reputation. I guess its another case of buyer beware.
              If you drive a Fusion, I recommend going with The Lighting Firm - http://www.thelightingfirm.net/

              Comment


              • #22
                Thanks but I drive an S60R (very tricky headlights as they are canbus, motorized pivot xenon, self leveling, glass... and 2000 if I mess up from the dealer) Ill be going with JB @ Blackflamecustoms. He did an excellent job on my amber deletes and he is local, for me he is second to none when it comes to retros.

                I dont like shipping something like this, its inviting disaster. You guys with plastics are so lucky.
                http://www.ipdusa.com/products/5420/...ight-v70r-s60r
                Last edited by The Driver; March 12th, 2015, 01:10 AM.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by The Driver View Post
                  Thanks but I drive an S60R (very tricky headlights as they are canbus, motorized pivot xenon, self leveling, glass... and 2000 if I mess up from the dealer) Ill be going with JB @ Blackflamecustoms. He did an excellent job on my amber deletes and he is local, for me he is second to none when it comes to retros.

                  I dont like shipping something like this, its inviting disaster. You guys with plastics are so lucky.
                  http://www.ipdusa.com/products/5420/...ight-v70r-s60r
                  Gotcha! Go with what works for you. And OUCH!! That's crazy!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    dammm..i tought i'm the sloppiest guy when it came to wiring management/crimp/joints....


                    but after seeing that guy's job for a living...i'm proud of my work

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by rpaz61 View Post
                      If you drive a Fusion, I recommend going with The Lighting Firm - http://www.thelightingfirm.net/
                      I'm using TLF right now and having a pretty bad experience.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by rebelx View Post
                        I'm using TLF right now and having a pretty bad experience.
                        rebelx - what issues are you having? You're best bet is to give them a call at (844) LED-HIDS - (844) 533-4437 - to get whatever issues you maybe having resolved
                        Last edited by rpaz61; March 27th, 2015, 02:41 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by rpaz61 View Post
                          rebelx - what issues are you having? You're best bet is to give them a call at (844) LED-HIDS - (844) 533-4437 - to get whatever issues you maybe having resolved
                          start at post 22

                          http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...tallation-help!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by rpaz61 View Post
                            UPDATE: the customer and Francis were able to work things out and make things right. The customer had to perform a lot of repairs on his own to get his setup working correctly. Francis apologized, giving him some money back and sending the him a new set of projectors that he'll install himself. While the customer is happy with the final outcome, he's still very upset that he received his headlights in the condition that they were in and that he had to work on them on his own to clean things up and get them working properly.
                            UPDATE: The customer never received the new projectors that Francis promised to send him!!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X