No announcement yet.

*** Stay far away from RETRO SOLUTIONS!***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After what i went though id highly encourage it before its to late. Go with another reputable vendor. Read up on them dude. They are scammers. Im not the only one they have done this to.

Comment

Good luck though stockd15b. They have your money now they dont care about you.

Comment

Originally posted by brondondolon View Post
        Good luck though stockd15b. They have your money now they dont care about you.
        lol im only kidding anyhow. I only rock MORIMOTO motha ****a! lol sucks to hear that tho bud. They must not believe in karma.

2000 Mustang Gt-SOLD RX350's Osram, Morimoto 5five ballast
        2006 GSXR-G37 Projector,XbaLed halos,Morimoto 3five,Morimoto 4300k
        2000 Ford Expedition-FX-R1.0s,Morimoto4300k,Morimoto 3five

Comment

Interesting, well it's nice to know about these issues with R-S!!! Guess I won't be recommending them anymore lol.

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
          just an fyi to everyone.

this will NEVER happen here. we don't ban people simply because someone else wants them gone.. so please report any harassment like that, and in the case of a company like that, i'd move to ban them instead.
          This^^^

Comment

Originally posted by michael.kozera View Post
            cant you forward those PM to an admin or something? RS shouldn't be allowed to do that IMO.

This all happened a few years ago. When he threatened via PM to have me banned, something he did on more than one occasion, I went public with it on the forum. The later PMs I just let slide because he was no longer going to be a forum sponsor anyway.

One of his threats to me:

I'm going to once again caution you about making any statements regarding our products directly or in any of our authored threads. We are a site sponsor, we are in some way responsible for your ability to use these forums for free and we feel you should be respectful of that. You are also bordering on libel accusations at this point, and it will not be tolerated. If you were of genuine curiosity you should ask us directly instead of making public defamatory statements. If you would rather we petitioned for your removal from the forums we'd be happy to do that if you wish.

You can see Todd's thread where he accuses someone of slander:

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=45718

The idiot didn't even know that slander applies to the spoken word, not the written word.

Comment

^^ wow, that is starting to look alot like Facebook. probably why i dont use it.

so RS is no longer forum sponsor?
              Octa projectors, eight OEM bulbs, ~30,000lm , and 169 degrees of driving heaven!

Comment

Originally posted by michael.kozera View Post
                ^^ wow, that is starting to look alot like Facebook. probably why i dont use it.

so RS is no longer forum sponsor?
                Nope. Shortly after the fiasco with false accusations of slander RS was no longer a DA sponsor. Don't know if it's because RS didn't want to continue as a sponsor or if DA dropped him. RS was doing quite a bit of business with DA members so I can't imagine they would voluntarily drop out ...

Comment

What's most interesting is how lightwerkz had issues. And they're a fairly known company.
                  AAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I posted the same story on the forums they sponsor yesterday and guess what... All have been removed.... So shady that those forums would remove an honest neg review so that people will still buy from them and get screwed over.. Its almost like they are co conspirators.

I also filed a complaint with rip off report dot com and retro solutions responded saying that they offered me replacements but i didnt want them lol. If that was the case then why the hell would i be so unhappy? They are straight up crooks and liars.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me one little bit if Todd Strange, sorry Todd Strong, signed up here and started threatening legal action.

Comment

Originally posted by mdufficy View Post
                        What's most interesting is how lightwerkz had issues. And they're a fairly known company.

Todd really is an "interesting" character. He does not take criticism well at all - he's little immature in that department.

Comment

Originally posted by mdufficy View Post
                          Not originally, as you would imagine. We had done thousands of orders through RS over the years. Product is (was) actually quite reliable. But like all aftermarket, sometimes theres going to be an issue. When there was an issue, it was actually resolved quickly.

Im not sure what happened over the years. Suddenly there was a lot of excuses on why a product could not be warrantied. Then of course this was a poor reflection upon LightWerkz, selling a product with a so called lifetime warranty, only to ask the customer to pay for a replacement. Well this continued and pretty much forced us to switch over to another product. Matt was launching his brand and the rest is history. I suspect once we switched to Morimoto, Todd called it quits for good with us. However, his brand image is now suffering.

I used to be able to call Todd at pretty much any hour of the day and he was there to assist. Now literally my inquiries are completely ignored. I have spoken to customers calling in, and they have told me Todd is unpleasant to deal with and would even get into arguments with his customers regarding the warranties.

Apparently the so called lifetime warranty was only good for 5 years!

Now we all know Morimoto does not have the best track, but what we do know is the support is excellent. Warranty replacement is hassle free. You know your in good hands and thats what counts for long term sustainability.
                          Check out our current promotions to save up to 15% on your next parts order with us

Need help? Contact us - Email: info@lightwerkz.net

HID Retrofits l Halos l Lens Restorations l Repairs l Installations

Follow us on Facebook & Instagram ! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for pro tips and behind the scenes videos!

Comment

Originally posted by brondondolon View Post
                            I posted the same story on the forums they sponsor yesterday and guess what... All have been removed.... So shady that those forums would remove an honest neg review so that people will still buy from them and get screwed over.. Its almost like they are co conspirators.
                            Well, this thread isn't going anywhere if I have anything to do with it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by LightWerkz View Post
                              Not originally, as you would imagine. We had done thousands of orders through RS over the years. Product is (was) actually quite reliable. But like all aftermarket, sometimes theres going to be an issue. When there was an issue, it was actually resolved quickly.

Im not sure what happened over the years. Suddenly there was a lot of excuses on why a product could not be warrantied. Then of course this was a poor reflection upon LightWerkz, selling a product with a so called lifetime warranty, only to ask the customer to pay for a replacement. Well this continued and pretty much forced us to switch over to another product. Matt was launching his brand and the rest is history. I suspect once we switched to Morimoto, Todd called it quits for good with us. However, his brand image is now suffering.

I used to be able to call Todd at pretty much any hour of the day and he was there to assist. Now literally my inquiries are completely ignored. I have spoken to customers calling in, and they have told me Todd is unpleasant to deal with and would even get into arguments with his customers regarding the warranties.

Apparently the so called lifetime warranty was only good for 5 years!

Now we all know Morimoto does not have the best track, but what we do know is the support is excellent. Warranty replacement is hassle free. You know your in good hands and thats what counts for long term sustainability.

Exactly.

Todd is a very unpleasant person when customers don't see eye to eye with him.

In the aftermarket lighting world there is no better company than TRS in customer service in my experience. And hopefully with new ballasts and bulbs and other things coming online in the coming months the Morimoto brand will once again be the brand of choice for quality conscious consumers.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus View Post
                                Wouldn't surprise me one little bit if Todd Strange, sorry Todd Strong, signed up here and started threatening legal action.
                                We can always ban him. Lol

2015 Ford Party ST | 2013 Triumph Street Triple | Dr. LS460R: 227 built to date!

Comment

Working...
                                X