Review: Skyjoyce (Ali) CNLight, Fast Bright [picture heavy!]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review: Skyjoyce (Ali) CNLight, Fast Bright [picture heavy!]

After doing a bunch of research I decided to buy 2 sets of ballasts and bulbs from Skyjoyce, a company on Alibaba. This is my review of the experience so far > as of now I just opened the package but will update the review after I finish my retrofit.

Order date: 12-27-16
    Delivery date 1-6-16

That's right folks, I received my order in ~10 days. I actually used the 'chat' feature in AliExpress and chatted with Jimmy (the seller) and I asked if I could pay for premium shipping on one item and have him bundle everything into a single package. Not only did he do that, he didn't charge me for premium (DHL) shipping. Pretty cool.

The reason I chose Skyjoyce was twofold. First, I have purchased from this seller in the past and had a good experience. Although it's been a while. Second, he was one of few sellers that claimed to have authentic CNLight/Fast Bright products and also backed them up with photos. This is always risky even so but hell, if you're going to buy from Ali you have to gamble.

Order breakdown:

I ordered a F3 ballast / 5000k H1 kit and an F5 / 5000k D2S kit. And because the prices were so low I picked up a second pair of bulbs for each set. I also bought an AMP > D2S adapter, unaware that he was throwing an extra set into the D2S kit (nice touch). Total cost: $140.05 shipped.

Delivery: 10 days! Awesome, but the package had a dent in one corner which made me cringe. Luckily when I opened it up everything was double boxed and the second layer was less damaged.

Package contents: Nothing was damaged. Naturally the first thing I did was start inspecting the bulbs. I was happy to see that all 8 bulbs appeared to be authentic CNLight. The '3' logo was clearly visible on the glass, printed on the base, and each bulb had the CNlight tag and quality check sticker by SkyJoyce.

CNLight logo in theH1 bulb glass

And the D2S

CNLight logo stamped in D2 base

Ballasts: Just like the bulbs they both appeared to be legit - even containing holographic stickers with the DLT logo and ROHS.

F3 Fast Bright:

Not sure why the igniter is potted but ok:

F5 Fast Bright:

Loom on the F5 wiring but not the F3 for some reason:

AMP>D2S Adapter

Overall experience so far: 9.5-10 (minus .5 for the box damage, although it likely happened in shipping and wasn't Skyjoyce's doing. I am extremely happy overall with the inspection of all items, they appear to be legit. Also 10/10 for Skyjoyce so far for their communication, awesome shipping time and actually sending what they have in their ad. Sometimes a rare occurence on Ali.

Anyhow I'll update this review once I have them installed.

Reserved for post-install review

Comment

Looks like DLT did some cosmetic updates on the F5's recently, all the ones I've seen (including the two pairs I bought back in 2015) don't have that cool braid and have blue AMP connectors. The case and ignitors still look the same too.
      Originally posted by HK45
      I don't even look to see what Eddie writes anymore. I'm too busy staring at his avatar.

Comment

You should take F7 for best output.

From my experienced, yes it will be safe and I am pretty sure it is not actually 70w maybe about 60w..

For my I tied it many times. With a lot brands too..

I prefer oem if you want 35w

And prefer Sportiva hid
        (Because they are the only one that doesn't cause radio interference..

Hope this help.. and looking forward your output lights pictures.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
          Looks like DLT did some cosmetic updates on the F5's recently,
          Yeah i noticed that about the braids also - and actually these are the first ones I've seen (either pictures online or in person) that have hologram DLT stickers and braided cables.

Originally posted by SNI511PER View Post
          You should take F7 for best output.... it is not actually 70w maybe about 60w.. And prefer Sportiva hid (Because they are the only one that doesn't cause radio interference.. Hope this help.. and looking forward your output lights pictures. Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
          I'm a bit of a new re: HID lighting so I hadn't heard of Sportiva, but I'll do some research. I thought about F7s but it seemed like overkill even @60w. I have heard the F5s actually put out about 45-50w and that seemed like a good compromise between higher output without 'too much light' and longevity.

Anyhow I tested them all last night and 8/8 working bulbs. MAN they fire up fast! I forgot to take pictures but the color is pretty consistent and the F5s are definitely brighter than the F3s. I'm still waiting for my projectors from TRS (held up in shipping due to 'severe weather'), but more pics of the bulbs will be coming soon.

Comment

I was chatting with the same guy on Aliexpress when i was trying to find a seller that only gives original DLT and i could talk with him and ask him to take pictures of real product.
            We talked about everything and i was almost convinced to buy from him just a minute before he sent me a picture of the back side of one F5 while we were talking about F3 the whole time...
            I tried to get in touch with him again but he didnt answer back.
            The reason i wanted pics was because another buyer from Brasil in the feedback shows a 35W ballast without patent number.
            I dont know what to think...i just find someone who could take pictures without scared of their costumers.

Comment

R1fast, how did You contact this guy? I want to buy some of those genuine DLT F5's with the new braids.
              How are the F5s holding up. Any problems turning off or not firing right away?

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvolari View Post
                R1fast, how did You contact this guy? I want to buy some of those genuine DLT F5's with the new braids. How are the F5s holding up. Any problems turning off or not firing right away?
                https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...612.0.0.w8MFvF

try this shop

i have bought both F3 and F5 from them and both were ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Mostafa United View Post

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...612.0.0.w8MFvF

try this shop

i have bought both F3 and F5 from them and both were ok.
                  Thanks for the link. The F5 doesn't look like the new version with the silver braids and yellow connectors.
                  https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/615508340.html
                  Also the sticker in the ballast doesn't look like others I've had.

Somebody in another thread was saying this RacBox seller had good quality F5 ballasts

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvolari View Post

Thanks for the link. The F5 doesn't look like the new version with the silver braids and yellow connectors.
                    https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/615508340.html
                    Also the sticker in the ballast doesn't look like others I've had.

Somebody in another thread was saying this RacBox seller had good quality F5 ballasts
                    Yes this shop is out of stock on F5 and now just has F3.

Comment

I am confused between this brand , I am using FXR 3.0 on my motorcycle with D2S XB35 4300k with 55w hyluxtek ballast . Do I need to upgrade to newer ballast because ballast was bought in 2014 so may have worn out. I am changing FXR to replica Koito Q5 from CBX car parts. Bulbs to CN light 35w 6000k. One of my friend is using Yeaky D2s bulb and they perform better than morimoto . Now yeaky has launched its Ballast with brand name Pheshion 45w quick start which are $36 a pair includes all .
                      Now coming to point DLT F5T 2017 costs $26.50 a piece includes all and Pheshion 45w qs $36 for pair includes all . Is DLT worth buying or should I try the yeaky ?
                      DLT link
                      https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1X-O...308.0.0.W9Naxv
                      Pheshion ballast can be found in below link
                      https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...612.0.0.JC96B8

Comment

Good for reviewing/experimenting but otherwise, no.

Comment

Originally posted by niZmO_Man View Post
                          Good for reviewing/experimenting but otherwise, no.
                          And what about DLT, should they be trusted for performance , the thread creator hasnt replied to quality and performance .

This seller has confirmed me he has DLT F5 at better price

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RACB...787826707.html

Comment

If your ballast is working fine, then no need to get new ones.
                            I have no issues with F3 Fastbright, can't comment on F5 (don't see the need for such high wattages).

Comment

Originally posted by niZmO_Man View Post
                              If your ballast is working fine, then no need to get new ones. I have no issues with F3 Fastbright, can't comment on F5 (don't see the need for such high wattages).
                              I have no issues with current ballast, does they degrade with uses ?
                              I have single projector setup so I use 55w and Indian road aren't that good for 35w :/
                              Strobing is hard on old ballast they take 7-10 sec to get towards 100% so was thinking to upgrade toward fast ballast.

Comment

Working...
                              X