ANNT 27W LED light review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANNT 27W LED light review

This isn’t an LED light bar, but more of an LED light. It can be used as an auxiliary high beam, a reverse light, or anything you can think of. It’s compact, round, fog light esque, and decently powerful.

Details
    This $15 LED light features nine 3W LEDs totaling 27W of total power with 60 degree flood optics. The light has an IP67 water resistance rating.

The optics on this light are interesting. Instead of just a reflector bowl, there’s a small center mounted “lens” that likely focuses the light slightly better.
    The light is also offered in a square model for around the same price.

Link: https://amzn.com/B00I95VIYU

Build quality
    As most off road LED lights on the market these days, the build quality is fantastic. The metal is great, the powder coating is of very high quality, there are no shakes or rattles, and there is no flex. The lens is surprisingly sturdy as well.

My only complaints are the cable and the bracket. The cable is of good quality, with thick yet flexible insulation, but the ends coming out of the sheath are short and just bare contacts. Some spade connectors would have been nice at the minimum, though a 9006 connector would have been ideal (and cheap).

The brackets for the bars are just a piece of metal with a bolt and a nut. Not particularly high quality and need to be torqued down hard to stay still. There are no ribs to keep it from moving after being tightened down. It’s strange because the body of the light has the ribs on it, almost like the brackets were an afterthought while the original plan was for large light bar style brackets.

Output
    The output of this LED light is quite good for the size, price, and considering it only has flood optics. The 60 degree flood optics are more focused than many other flood beam light bars, making for better distance. However, the light spread is still fairly even and not too concentrated in the center. It’s a pretty good compromise between flood and spot, beating out many flood bars while having more than 20 feet of distance.

As you can imagine, the distance isn’t that great considering it’s a flood light. But it’s pretty nice.

The emitters put out a cool white light, around 6000K. There’s some blue in the center, but not much. The edges of the output have a yellow tinge due to the optics.

At about 25 feet. Dark:

Mini 6 LED light bar:

ANNT 27W:

ANNT 120W light bar:

At 150 feet. Dark:

ANNT 27W:

ANNT 120W light bar:

Now at about 45 feet on a white wall. Dark:

ANNT 27W:

2x ANNT 27W:

ANNT 120W light bar:

Underexposed now. ANNT 27W:

2x ANNT 27W:

ANNT 120W light bar:

Dark:

ANNT 27W:

Uses
    Now, these kinds of lights obviously shouldn’t be used extensively on the road. On empty back roads sure, but they’re technically off road lights. These are ideal for an off road vehicle, or for private property.

I live in a private neighborhood with extremely poor lighting, so I often have to use auxiliary lighting to safely get around (especially in reverse).

But my main thought for these lights is garage work lights. They’re lightweight, small, and can be mounted to a small stand. I use a Snap-On LED work light, but one of these can work just as well for a fraction of the price. You’ll have to get a bit creative with mounting and power sources, but I already have a plan for that. I bought a bunch of EC5 connections and will be connecting various lights to a lithium jump starter for portable power. Whether it’s for working or camping, that’s a pretty awesome use for any LED light.

Conclusion
    For $15 a piece, the performance is quite good and the light itself is very affordable. I definitely recommend picking one or two up if you need them.

These lights can be found for half the price on eBay without branding if you want to save money. Warranty is up in the air with this option, but you’ll save some money. Whether quick shipping from Amazon and a potentially better warranty is worth the price is up to you.
    Last edited by Haloruler64; August 12th, 2016, 11:21 PM.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Looks good!

live from the gutter trash.

Comment

Not bad

Tapatalktalk

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too lazy to browse HK45's mega-long output shot comparison thread?

Try the HIDP Projector Output Comparison App!

Comment

Not amazing, but much better than other compact flood bars. I was impressed for what they are.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

I mean $15, it's quite a bang for the buck.

Tapatalktalk

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too lazy to browse HK45's mega-long output shot comparison thread?

Try the HIDP Projector Output Comparison App!

Comment

I think I'm gonna make one into a portable work light. Fashion a little flat stand and attach an EC5 connector to it and throw it into my car. I have a lithium jump starter in there. If I gotta work on the car, I'll plug it in and use it as a light.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Might replace my $10 mini light bar with this
              *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Do you have one of these 6 LED ones?

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Ya duh....I bought mine right after you bought yours and gave me the link

Comment

Hey good news, the pics I took of the mini light bar are this light bar!

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

That's fantastic!

Comment

Working...
                      X