Toyota C-HR led headlights - what projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota C-HR led headlights - what projector

Not sure if you have them in the US, but does anyone know what led projector is used in the CH-R headlights, it appears to be a bi-led as there doesn't look like a high beam reflector, thanks.
    Previous - Golf III VR6 Highline - currently AP1 S2000 retro in InPro R32 look lights, 4 stage Adjustable Boosted Bosch ballasts 35W-68W
    Current - E46 M3 CS with factory xenons, all stock.

According to CHR's forums at least until 2019 model year only the bihalogen was offered. Everyone keep calling the LED ones JDM like it's the only country that offers them. Most CHRs I see in Egypt have the OEM LED headlights. I guess it may not be on all trims, but it least the ones I always seem to notice have them. The car's forums is not much help on the specific brand of the projector either. Maybe I've stumbled on an all American forum or something.
    2006 Grand Vitara 3dr
    Projector swap: MH1 7.0, XB35, XB 4500K, custom wiring
    CAD designed adapter plate, manual leveling motors

How to use Imgur to embed photos

Comment

The consensus over there seems to be upgrade using a PNP HID kit and not PNP LEDs. My personal opinion is go and check if any of them actually have posted output pics for their HID retrofits. But be wary not all halogen projectors will last past a year when burdened with HID capsules. At least try not to cheap out on the bulbs and get morimotos or something which should at least minimize the risk from the capsules ultraviolet emissions.
      2006 Grand Vitara 3dr

Comment

I don't have a Ch-R, I am looking at headlights on eBay and wondered if the bi-led projectors are any good for retrofitting?
        Last edited by Ianbuckwell; February 5th, 2021, 07:34 AM.
        Previous - Golf III VR6 Highline - currently AP1 S2000 retro in InPro R32 look lights, 4 stage Adjustable Boosted Bosch ballasts 35W-68W

Comment

https://youtu.be/tPp9hPZf-BQ
          Maybe this POV driving video will tell you what you want to know.
          2006 Grand Vitara 3dr

Comment

Cool video, thanks.

Anyone got any info on what projectors they are?

Comment

Working...
            X