X5 LED fog - whats top?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X5 LED fog - whats top?

I have some X5 led foglights that I have removed the units from to retro, I didn't look when removing, but have googled and it appears the unit is the correct way round if the reflector screws are at the top? And when looking at them the led covered by the black piece is to the top.of the central cross piece?

Many thanks
    Golf III VR6 Highline - currently AP1 S2000 retro in InPro R32 look lights, 4 stage Adjustable Boosted Bosch ballasts 35W-68W

You know that gear you can drive with a screwdriver? That's top IIRC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too lazy to browse HK45's mega-long output shot comparison thread?

Try the HIDP Projector Output Comparison App!

Comment

Thanks, unfortunately I have already removed them from the housings, I will check and see if there is anything on the pivot/mountings to determine which way round it goes.
      Golf III VR6 Highline - currently AP1 S2000 retro in InPro R32 look lights, 4 stage Adjustable Boosted Bosch ballasts 35W-68W

Comment

I looked at the pictures here -

http://www.silveradosierra.com/exter...s-t234402.html

Taking the adjuster as the top, it does appear that the central bar is black, I think I need to plug them in just to confirm, hate to chop the lights up and find I got it wrong!!

Comment

You still have left and right marked right?

If you grab say the right one, it's bowl is going to be longer on the left and on the left unit, the bowl is going to stretch longer to the right. Not sure if I'm making sense here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too lazy to browse HK45's mega-long output shot comparison thread?

Try the HIDP Projector Output Comparison App!

Comment

Thanks for a way of figuring which is which but silly me forgot to mark them, but I think I can look at which housing each came from as one side the pivot locates into the height/angle adjuster and the other side is just round.

Also looking at them I believe the top led would be shielded and the bottom one not otherwise oncoming drivers would get a direct view of the led.

thanks for the help, once that's done just got to get them to fit!

Comment

Working...
            X