No announcement yet.

Wanting to see way better at night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, unfortunately LED bulbs are trash when it comes to headlights. Definitely do an H9 swap, it's the best all around upgrade. Now if you want to do a projector swap, any quality projector will work well. Mini D2S 4.0, RX350, etc. All about ease of installation and price.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
      Yes, unfortunately LED bulbs are trash when it comes to headlights. Definitely do an H9 swap, it's the best all around upgrade. Now if you want to do a projector swap, any quality projector will work well. Mini D2S 4.0, RX350, etc. All about ease of installation and price.
      +1

There was a thread about best low beam distance (without width consideration), and Mini D2S 3.0 got some votes. Best check HK45's projector beam gallery thread to see which one works for you. Every projector has their own strengths and weaknesses (if you include price and size).
      Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKingRider213 View Post
        Quick question, are led bulbs trash when it comes to headlight? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Yes

Nathanael Carriere

Facebook l Instagram l Website l Blog

Comment

And a point of clarification; OE headlights with LED are very different from the PnP LED solution.

Comment

I recently purchased a H6 headlamp on novsights. Is there 10000lm as shown in the picture? I'm not sure. Can anyone tell it?

Comment

Originally posted by EDCLLC View Post
              I recently purchased a H6 headlamp on novsights. Is there 10000lm as shown in the picture? I'm not sure. Can anyone tell it?
              The exposure setting of the camera, as well as any post-processing of the image, means that there is no way to confirm a particular lumens claim. Equally important, is how the light is dispersed. A very bright source of light dispersed equally at all angles and a very bright source of light pointed at a single "laser beam" like focus are both equally useless for low beam. Everything in between also varies. Brighter isn't necessarily better.

Comment

What is H6?

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKingRider213 View Post

What do you recommend I use? I do city driving but I also do a lot of unlit freeway/highway driving.
                  I would look into suggestions in posts # 11 & 12. And yes, PnP LED is probably not a good way to go.

A proper retrofit might not appear bright, unless you test it in an area that has no other lighting to see how much distant objects ahead can be visible under the options you're considering.

Comment

Working...
                  X