Koenigsegg Regera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koenigsegg Regera

Thought I would share with the lighting community.

I follow the car industry fairly closely and at the Geneva motor show Christian Von Koenigsegg revealed his new Regera mega car which is absolutely bonkers. There are some Youtube videos of reporters interviewing him if you want to look into it further. In a nutshell this thing is a plug-in hybrid with an 1,100hp TT V8 and 3 electric motors, in combination they produce so much torque that with the 2,000nm available between 2,500-7,000rpm there is no need for a transmission so the engine is directly connected to the rear axle, crazy.

For those of you familiar with the Tesla Model S P85d which adds a 221hp electric motor on the front axle in addition to the 471hp rear motor and can go 0-60 in 3.2 seconds. The Regera is 400kg (~900lbs) lighter IIRC and has an 1,100hp engine! Koenigsegg tends to be conservative with their estimations but say the Regera can go 0-250mph in under 20 seconds.

The headlights are LED high and low with active cooling, if you look closely at the top of the headlights you can see the fans. High beam visibility is claimed at 350 meters. The DRLs are also aligned to resemble constellations, kinda gimmicky but I bet all the rich folk in Abu Dhabi will love it, kudos for doing something different though.

Also, if you love engineering like myself check out the "Inside Koenigsegg" series on the /Drive Network on YouTube.
    Sorry for the large photo, I used to so you can see the headlight details (kinda).
    Evan

Closer pictures? Looks cool
    Originally posted by nine44
    350 wit da wrist boy?

Comment

I like the word play in the name, relative to the prior model (Agera) & "regen" as in power regeneration.
      Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikecars View Post
        Closer pictures? Looks cool
        Sorry, I tried my best go grab some from the internet but there are not any detailed photos out yet, there were some that showed greater detail but that is because they were huge files and would be herd to view in forum format. I would hit up Google.
        Originally posted by satrya View Post
        I like the word play in the name, relative to the prior model (Agera) & "regen" as in power regeneration.
        Regera actually means "reign" in Swedish, pretty awesome.

Comment

^
          Didn't know that. I thought they wanted to hint on the powertrain.
          Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

anybody keep up with new nsx that finally will arive...

and cool row of led headlight....

Comment

Originally posted by ^pomen_GTR^ View Post
              anybody keep up with new nsx that finally will arive...

and cool row of led headlight....
              Its basically the MDX assembly with an extra lens. Probably to add width, which could make it a lot better.
              '04 Silverado 2500HD CCSB
              Awaiting a Proper HID retrofit (RX350)
              '00 Corvette 6spd; FBO LQ9, FX-R 3.0 on 50w
              '94 Camaro LQ4/4L80e Swap; WR
              '93 W/T 1500 RCLB LQ4/4L80e Swap; Sealed 6

Comment

reminds me of this:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gFGX43vubM

has 4 electric motors, one in each wheel and something like 800hp total.
                Octa projectors, eight OEM bulbs, ~30,000lm , and 169 degrees of driving heaven!

Comment

Working...
                X