No announcement yet.

DDM Ultra HID Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Volt is as slow as my automatic 2000 Celica GTS which is as slow as an AWD V6 Ford 500.
    2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
    1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'

Comment

• Originally posted by danwat1234 View Post
      That's true about battery degradation, time has a large effect. But this effect will be slow because the battery pack is kept in an SOC window of about 20% to 80% (I forget exactly) and it's liquid cooled and heated.
      A clue about long term battery life is that Erick hasn't seen any degradation at all and it's about 4 years old, so it hasn't even started to reduce in capacity yet. The Volt won't increase the SOC window to compensate for battery capacity loss, they say. Other high mileage Volt owner's say the same thing and take pictures that the range and the amount of energy it takes to charge the battery is about the same as it was when new.
      It's not a corvette but reasonably fast and customer satisfaction is very high. It'll probably be my next vehicle, used. Who can resist it's grille? The new Volt isn't as bold looking.

I got an up to date response from DDM today,
      "Daniel,
      The average life of the Ultra bulbs is 3500 hours, DDM bulbs 3250 hours.
      Andrew"

-So Ultra Bulbs I guess aren't supposed to last much longer. Far from the ~350 hours my bulbs last before one goes out! Maybe 1 of my ballasts is really hard on them, my driver's side usually (always?) is the one to go out. May swap left <->right after 8 months or so to even out the wear.
      Or, get the best re-based H4 hi/low bulb I can find or go LED.
      Philips has a LED H4 that's supposed to be great. $250 for the pair and I think a 12yr warranty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bitter View Post
        The Volt is as slow as my automatic 2000 Celica GTS which is as slow as an AWD V6 Ford 500.
        Which is pretty slow.
        Originally posted by Bitter
        They're literally flying canoes with boxer engines packed full of Molotov cocktails that rely on tampons and $10 screws to stay in the air and not kill you.

Comment

• Don't know what the hell happened to this thread. One minute I'm reading about DDM Ultra kits and the next I'm looking at several border patrol cars. lol

Anyway, I didn't want to start a new thread regarding the same topic. I ordered a kit with 55W ballasts and 5500K bulbs. My old Amazon 5000K bulbs had a nice light purple tint. They kinda looked like the LED headlights on newer cars. These Ultra 5500K bulbs have a more yellowish tint. They look more like 4500K bulbs. I just ordered a set of 6500K Ultra bulbs. I'm hoping that they don't look too blue. Does anyone have these in their car?
          2016 Honda HR-V Retrofit

Comment

• I think your expectation of color is skewed by parts binning, that 5500K was probably 6000 or 8000K. Lots of cheap kits DDM included have 3 or 4 colors. 3000, 4500, 6500, 8000. But they'll sell you 4000, 4500, 5500, 7000, etc, they're just making the colors up and labeling them onto whatever bulb is closest.

Comment

Working...
            X