This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3000k vs 5000k Comparison in Yellow ES300 Fogs

Well I was messing around and just for fun put in some 5000k bulbs in some es fogs. First pic is 3000k second is 5000kIMAG1632.jpgIMAG1634.jpg

Sexy.
    RX350BX (EU) | STI-R | XB35 Ballasts| HD Relay | 66240 CBI | JDM AStar LED Int. | AFSpec LED Ext.

Comment

That's interesting. The 5000Ks definitely look better. I may get some 4300Ks.

Comment

^^ thats what im planning on doing as well! 3K doesnt look tha good and i got a set from local hidplanet member.
        Last edited by xslickwhitetegx; September 15th, 2012, 11:22 PM.
        Ap1/e30/custom shilds/CBI bulbs

Comment

Thanks for the pics OP! This explains exactly what I've been saying about using white bulbs behind a yellow lens instead of yellow bulbs. The yellow bulbs never match, but the white ones do. You should use 4300k for the 3000k yellow color, if you want it yellower than 5000k (and a tad brighter)

eidt: I renamed your thread to something useful lol, and I moved it to the output pic section.
          Last edited by gold94corolla; September 16th, 2012, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Interesting! So 4300k on the es300 be yellower and brighter than the 5k.. so for 5k.. how would you describe the color? ? The 5k on the es300 looks way better than 3k and 4300k?

Comment

thanks for moving it and renaming lol
              As far as output 3000k is almost green and one of the fogs looks almost green even when the ballast are warmed up and I will be buying 4,3k bulbs when I get a chance because my wife is always on my case about my hid's

Comment

I can never seem to find 3000K HID bulbs to match the ones I first had. I have the ES300 foglights as well. Here are the ones I bought from TRS last year. The came out way to dark IMO almost look like apple juice. I may just try 4300 or 5000k and that should work fine with the yellow lens. Thanks for posting this
                IMG_1498.jpg
                This is what my older 3000k bulbs looked like when I first got them
                Picture031.jpg

Comment

hahahah that does look like applejuice..
                  2012 Volkswagen Golf R. 2016 Ford Fiesta ST

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

More like applepoops
                    Headlight Sealant Database ****** PLEASE CONTRIBUTE!

NEW! Benchtop Power Supplies <----- JOIN THE GROUP BUY TODAY!

Comment

Yeah my wife says the 3000k make her want to pee lol

Comment

Looks more like mountain dew haha

Comment

3k hooked up to some 5'5s ballast = blinding yellow.

IMAG0094.jpg

Comment

I just wanted to share this pic. One of my old 5000ks has been out, so I went ahead and put my single 3000k in. Made me realize what I've been missing! The camera doesn't quite capture hold golden the 3000k is, but just look at the ground.

3000k VS 5500k HID by gold94corolla, on Flickr

Comment

Don't want to go stupid but in the photo which side is which?
                              AAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                              X