Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thread was started way back when before there were premade harnesses available.

OEM halogen reflector headlights | Osram Rallye H7 65W low beams | Philips Vision H1 55W high beams | Pre-facelift orange indicators

Retrofits in progress: MDX LED retrofit | RX350/EvoX-R quad w/'moto HD relay, Mitsubishi gen4 ballasts and selectable quad wiring (needs lots of fixing)

My retrofits

Comment

• Yeah the premade harness arent really that long. You usually need an inch or two extra. So that's the reason I would like to make my own. The one I bought from TRS for my '15 Yukon is not long enough but I'll probably have to buy an extension. That's just one more point of failure.

Comment

• Originally posted by csjoh View Post
        The thread was started way back when before there were premade harnesses available.
        Holy cow. The dark ages!

Comment

• Hi,
          Will it affect if i use grounded negative to power up the hids. i think having a wire only for positive terminal is enough. I like to reduce the no of new wires i add to engine bay because it would be messy

Comment

• Hows does one wire up led projectors in a h4 car without relays. The projector has 2 sets of + and - wires for the projector and hibeam solenoid. In the h4 car if i change to high beam there is no power in lo beam connector. So solenoid switches but the led turns off. How to fix this?

Comment

• Originally posted by puneet_India View Post
              Hows does one wire up led projectors in a h4 car without relays. The projector has 2 sets of + and - wires for the projector and hibeam solenoid. In the h4 car if i change to high beam there is no power in lo beam connector. So solenoid switches but the led turns off. How to fix this?
              Get a proper harness. That's how you fix it.On some Toyotas you can also ghetto bridge one of the headlight relays but that's not recommended.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
              2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

• Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post

Get a proper harness. That's how you fix it.On some Toyotas you can also ghetto bridge one of the headlight relays but that's not recommended.
                Led projectors only need 41w max so i dont need full big relay. Hope this will work? I ordered it from aliexpress for around 9$

image online upload

Comment

• It might, I can't say for sure. I understand you don't need a full relay harness but they're the only confirmed way I've figured out to do this. If those you posted work that's awesome.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
                  2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Working...
                  X