X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JVX New HID Lowbeam Comparison

Objective
    Hello all. It has been a long time since my last hid lowbeam comparison. I've been too busy lately and haven't been posting much here. Well, there are many new projectors hitting the streets as well as new version of existing projectors. I thought it would be nice to do another comparison with new and old players.

With limited time, I was only able to do this in my garage. My goal this time around is to keep the environment settings the same as much as possible. I want to do everything on the same night with no auxilliary lighting and without having to move the tripod around. On previous comparisons, I did several badges of projectors on different nights and the amount of moonlight can discriminate the results. The tripod location is not the same each night which may or may not effect output. In a garage, there's more control, but distant output is limited.

Environment Settings
    Comparison will be done inside garage at 20ft from wall. I will be using a 35w Oem Philips LVQ ballast along with 35w Oem Philips 85122+ D2S bulb that is slight used. The bulb is notched at 9 o'clock for use on D4 type projectors like IS250 and LS460. Bulbs for the Mini H1, Blazer, and Fusion fog projectors are non-OEM, rated at 35w and 4300k. They are powered using the same 35w Philips ballast via AMP connector.

As before, I will be using a Nikon D60 camera with Manual settings at ISO 800, speed of 1/25 sec, and an aperture of F6.3 on a tripod. Tripod never got moved like before where I had to take close-up shots.

Comparison Results (alphabetically)

Last edited by JVX.; January 19th, 2012, 02:05 AM.

It would be nice if I could do this comparison at 40ft range. At shorter distant, outputs are brighter. But this should do for now. Enjoy! It's time to climb back into my hole and hibernate.
    Last edited by JVX.; January 19th, 2012, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Didn't think A4 Valeo can be that good.

Welcome back JVX!
      FEEDBACK THREAD
      00-03 Nissan Maxima HID Retrofit
      6th gen AV6 FX35 Retrofit
      Chassis and Suspension
      2000 Sunlit Sand Maxima SE 5Spd.

Comment

Welcome back JVX.

TL and LS460 leads the top IMO. Would be happy if you could show some RX350, Q45 and Teanas low beam comparisons.

Comment

It looks like the v1 mini h1 looks better than the 4.1? And that fxr looks to have nice width compared to oem projectors.

Comment

Looks like some great shots. Really shows just how much better projectors are compared to a halogen reflector like from that Civic.

I am not sure how the Mini H1 V1 looks better than hte 4.1, dont see too much of a difference there.

Pretty impressed with the Blazer fog, and disappointed with the Fusion here IMO

Lexus GS350 F Sport : Skipper Designs Front Lip : Rotiform BLQ Concave : Michelin PSS : Brembo GT 380mm : RSR Suspension : GS350/STi-R Bi-xenon
            * For any inquiries please e-mail TRSMatt@TheRetrofitSource.com, PM's = not a good way to reach me*

Comment

Thread stickied!!
              2014 RAM 1500 Express RCSB 2WD- FX-R/CBI's/50W MORIMOTO
              1989 Chevy S-10 5 speed

Comment

Thank you JVX

Comment

The FX-R 3.0 looks extremely promising. Maybe even better than TL's but shots from further away should settle that debate.

Thanks JVX and welcome back!

Comment

Me likeeeeeeees. if only we had shots at longer distance to look at the beam spread.

Comment

Nice to see some more shots of the fxr 3.0... the light output seems softer but more evenly distributed than the 1.1. I guess you could say its more polished? But I think it will lack the distance of the original...

Comment

distance intensity I can confirm will be just as good as the original FX-R, but the intensity to the sides of the beam is not quite as prominant. As an overall package, I believe it's an upgrade.

Lexus GS350 F Sport : Skipper Designs Front Lip : Rotiform BLQ Concave : Michelin PSS : Brembo GT 380mm : RSR Suspension : GS350/STi-R Bi-xenon
                        * For any inquiries please e-mail TRSMatt@TheRetrofitSource.com, PM's = not a good way to reach me*

Comment

Originally posted by TRSMatt View Post
                          Pretty impressed with the Blazer fog, and disappointed with the Fusion here IMO
                          This is not a fair comparison with the fusion/blazer - the forground is severly limited on the fusion in the picture he shot because the limiter was not cut off. They will really output quite a bit when this is removed, like I do with the "jp7 cutoff mod" - not to mention blazers don't last with HID.

Like this:

Last edited by Jp7; January 19th, 2012, 02:13 PM.

Comment

That 3.0 looks great! Very even output.

05 300C - 15 Taurus SHO

Comment

Originally posted by Jp7 View Post
                              This is not a fair comparison with the fusion/blazer - the forground is severly limited on the fusion in the picture he shot because the limiter was not cut off. They will really output quite a bit when this is removed, like I do with the "jp7 cutoff mod" - not to mention blazers don't last with HID.
                              Why don't you sent a modded one to JVX for testing?

Hey Nick, welcome back! ^.^
                              Look at my HID / Lighting works at Stupidpig HID | Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X