Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive been looking to find a good solution to brighter high beams on my girls 2011 Camry, the highs are bright as hell but i figured why not have them brighter!

04 Sable Mini h1's GG shrouds 5000k 55w-sold
    07 Cobalt LS- Mini h1's E55 shrouds 80mm CCFL-parts in closet soon to be done

Comment

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
      I think I missed something here lol.
      I smoked something.. shh

Comment

hey gold, I just found this page and the one in halogen section --HIR. I think I'm too late for this 'cause I already ordered a 9005 nightbreaker plus http://www.powerbulbs.com/us/product...9005-twin-pack. -- was so giddy when I saw the ad that its was 90% more light than an oem bulb ..

anyways, which part exactly of the bulb (HIR) do I need to dremel?

thanks

Comment

Trimmed 9012:

Trimmed 9011:

http://shnu.us/HIR%20Trimming%20Stock.htm

Comment

OP, Gold... You've since moved to quad projectors I see but which did you like more during high beam operation? Your HIR's or your new setup?
            In memory of Robert E. Flynn

Comment

He hasn't had those quads for a long time. That was his previous car.

05 300C - 15 Taurus SHO

Comment

Originally posted by J. Dub View Post
                OP, Gold... You've since moved to quad projectors I see but which did you like more during high beam operation? Your HIR's or your new setup?
                I went from quads to duals to low beam reflectors lol. My "new" setup has only HIR high beams. I think that I prefer the color of the HIRs to 5000k .... I'm actually kind of spoiled now, since I run 3000k fogs with the 5000k low beam reflectors, and just the 5000k looks too blue in the naked reflectors. When I do my next retro, it'll have bixenon and the HIR high beams, which will be the best for sure.

Comment

Gonna switch to the SVS bulbs next time?

05 300C - 15 Taurus SHO

Comment

Nah, either I'm still gonna have the yellow fogs (since it's OEM yellow on the inside), or the projectors will make the light yellower like I was used to with the FX-R.

Comment

Gotcha. Lookin forward to your next build.
                      In memory of Robert E. Flynn

Comment

i've been searching for the toshiba 9011 hir for a quit a time now but came out empty, i did find philips hir tho but dont know if they are any good, http://hirheadlights.com/ this guy says toshiba quit making the hir, could yall dirct me where to go to find a new set of toshiba hirs ?

Comment

All of the Toshibas are bought up... I was lucky to get one of the last pairs.

Comment

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
                            All of the Toshibas are bought up... I was lucky to get one of the last pairs.
                            That's a shame they discontinued them. They should've tried to make more re-based versions to increase sales as they were the next best bet to HiD.
                            RX350BX (EU) | STI-R | XB35 Ballasts| HD Relay | 66240 CBI | JDM AStar LED Int. | AFSpec LED Ext.

Comment

Working...
                            X