This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIR 9011 VS 9005 Pics Are In

Today was awesome, not only did I get and install my CBI bulbs, but also my Toshiba HIR 9011 high beams!

Yes, the HIRs are definitely brighter and whiter without increasing glare:

Here is a GIF I made using multiple edits of the same output shot to show the HIR 9011 (left) and the stock 9005 (right).

For the price of an HID kit, you can have a PROPER halogen setup with 0 hassle of flickering, cheap stuff, glare, bad color, wiring, etc.

GET HIRs.

Oh, and you can buy them here before supplies run out! They are going fast, as the bulbs are not made anymore
    http://suvlights.com/advanced_search...ds=HIR&x=0&y=0

Comment

wow that is seriously double the output. and im guessing its only using factory wire harness? with upgraded wiring it would look even better. they are already a noticable improvement. how does it compare to the lo beams?

Comment

Who cares.. just kidding I love output shots. This way you will see all the dinosaurs on the road. Do you prefer HIR over the 9005? I do.. I also wish I had a Lexus.

Comment

lol, didn't think you'd see high beam halogen shots in this forum, did you?

Of course I prefer the HIR... they are brighter and whiter.

gearbox, I didn't really think of upping the wiring. I believe that the stock lighting system already boosts the highs... (like Catz Zeta) so the wiring should be good. Perhaps another day.

But it's funny you ask about the low beams.... when I was trying to aim these and the new CBI, I couldn't really see the CBI on the garage

Comment

The gif is very helpful in determining the difference not only in this thread, but the CBI thread as well. Good stuff bro!

2001 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ, Halogens, FX-R 1.1 Retro Coming Soon

Comment

Thanks, I was having too much fun last night

Comment

Hey gold94,
                What's the best option for my H1 high beam bulbs? Already have Catz Zeta's installed............

Comment

Well there is no HIR replacement for it. How do you like the Catz on there, how much does it help? The only thing I'd say is to hook up a bixenon .... maybe install some spot/off road lights

Comment

I like the Catz, definately worth the $50 if U do alot of country driving. The Catz boost turns on about .5 seconds after hitting your hi beam switch and you see a step-up in intensity.

Comment

not much you can really do. h1 is already the brightest of any standard 55w bulb. use a higher power version like philips XV or nightbreaker plus, otherwise thats about it. i would not recommend hi wattage bulbs above 55w because they can cause serious issues with the catz system, aside from maybe lasting only 10 hrs.

Comment

Yes gearbox precisely.. i love gold94corolla

Comment

Thanks gearbox.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinity-x View Post
                            Yes gearbox precisely.. i love gold94corolla
                            I think I missed something here lol.

Comment

Thanks! That helps me a lot!

Comment

Working...