Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The SilverStar CBI Have Arrived. Take a Look.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The SilverStar CBI Have Arrived. Take a Look.

Alright, I was pleasantly surprised to find that my CBI bulbs from that group buy have already arrived. Well I got right to work to install and show my results.

These CBIs are replacing Morimoto 5000k. The Morimotos have a good use on them, but nothing extraordinary. They still work as fine as day 1. The Morimotos are also not the current version, if that makes a difference.

Here are 3 pictures showing the Morimotos (left) next to the CBIs (right). The CBI packaging materials fill the background. Please open the pics in a new tab/window to enlarge them supersized for high detail and examine the quality of the CBI.

It is SUPER obvious immediately how much better the CBIs are. The CBIs are lighter and built with much more precision. If you see, my left-most Morimoto bulb is not even straight, but leaning over. No wonder that side looked off lol. I have notched the D2S base to fit my D2R until I retrofit LS430.

Then I installed both bulbs and fired them up. Perfection. I can confirm that these bulbs look slightly off color at first, as noticed my HID pioneers before me. The color seems lightly pale... hard to describe, compared to the broken-in Morimoto. But after 20 hours, these CBI will be whiter and probably brighter.

This picture shows the comparison with the Morimoto on the left and the CBI on the right. You can notice the CBI has a little more lumens, but this picture shows the difference in initial color. The Morimoto shows up more purple at the edges, while the CBI is more light blue.

Next, this picture is a little further back, and it is shot in HDR to illustrate the color difference. Notice the light on the ground near the bumper.

But here is the money. The color will take care of itself after 20 hours. But the brightness!! Wow. Definitely noticeable. And the alignment is spot-on.

Now granted, this ain't no pretty output or cutoff. But I really wanted to demonstrate the POWER of the CBI over the aftermarket bulbs.

I will let a GIF demonstrate the brightness difference. The CBI is on the left, and the Morimoto on the right. I edited the photo in multiple ways to show how much brighter the CBI (left) is.

100% satisfied so far. I can't wait for these to mature into the perfect bulbs. And then they will go into LS430s if all goes well

GET SOME CBIs.

I now want but no has the monies.

Comment

I want!!

Comment

Can we all agree that these are actually Osram CBI's just in Sylvania packaging? Looks like it, I dont wanna sound crazy tho. They even say Osram

Also, thanks for the pics. Mine should be here early next week!

Comment

great pics, i think you should keep the oem reflector hids. that beam pattern is really good and bright with the cbis. before i read the description i was wondering why the left side was twice as bright and had a cutoff line lol.

Comment

waw.... they look much better than the morimoto 5k... can;t wait for mine to come...

Comment

ohh, some day, some day im gonna get a pair of CBIs
              Write Something....../

Comment

USPS sucks. I checked tracking and they said they attempted delivery of my CBI's yesterday before I got home from work and left a notice. No they didn't. So now I gotta go to the post office and see if they'll give it to me without any kind of official paper.

2001 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ, Halogens, FX-R 1.1 Retro Coming Soon

Comment

I got mine too. I didnt have to sign even though it said I had to one the tracking. Can't use mine till I get a new retrofit. Traded in my car now I'm stuck with halogen till my projectors arrive.
                  "You can take an average picture of an extraordinary thing or you can take an extraordinary picture of an average thing"

Comment

Funny too, my wife was home all day yesterday she said she heard nothing. I'm kinda pissed now.

Comment

The Morimoto are 1-2 mm shorter than OEM bulbs, you can see it on the base, the top of the glass and the middle, they are also not 100% straight.

The CBIs are already brighter and should get even better after the break in period.

Comment

Originally posted by wetamup View Post
                        Funny too, my wife was home all day yesterday she said she heard nothing. I'm kinda pissed now.
                        a lot of times the post office won't even try depending where you live. My old house half the time they wouldn't go up the drive way to have me sign for packages. I thought i was going to miss my bulbs since i wasn't home but I found them in the mailbox and no one signed for them lol

I can't wait to get these bulbs up and running. The GIF makes me pretty excited to see what these bulbs can do. I drive a lot at night since i work 2nds.
                        "You can take an average picture of an extraordinary thing or you can take an extraordinary picture of an average thing"

Comment

Just goes to show that aftermarket bulbs, even the allegedly "better than others" Morimoto brand, really should be avoided.

Comment

Originally posted by Danpedraza View Post
                            a lot of times the post office won't even try depending where you live. My old house half the time they wouldn't go up the drive way to have me sign for packages. I thought i was going to miss my bulbs since i wasn't home but I found them in the mailbox and no one signed for them lol

I can't wait to get these bulbs up and running. The GIF makes me pretty excited to see what these bulbs can do. I drive a lot at night since i work 2nds.
                            I just came back from the post office. Here's mine:

Can't wait to get them in, but I may have a problem if these don't fit FX-R's, I may have to change up my retrofit plans.

Comment

Let me know weta, these look awesome.
                              FX-R Retrofit

Comment

Working...
                              X