No announcement yet.

Philips + Osram + Morimoto Shootout - D2S Bulb Intensity and Color Comparison

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's super interesting, HID Concept does indeed claim to have rebased Xtreme Vision and Ultinon bulbs. Would be fun to test them out against other H11 offerings like I've done before. Wonder if they're real. FOr those crazy prices I'd hope so! Basic 85122 rebased H11s are $120, and Xtreme Vision H11s are $190!!!

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Lightwerkz Global Inc. View Post

Where are you seeing the Morimoto 5500K vs 6500k comparison - I could not locate it.

You're biting the wrong bullet. Swap the H1 setup for a proper D2S setup. Worlds of a difference.
      You are correct there was no direct comparison between the Mori 5500K bulb and Mori 6500K.

But just looking at the pictures the 5500K you tested looks bluer than the 6500K you tested.

Also my Toyota Camry will not house a D2S projector unfortunately! But I’ll try those rebased XV’s on my next setup which would be a MH1 7.0 with Hylux 45W Ballasts.

I live maybe 15 Miles from you guys so I’ll be emailing ya soon so I can have it professionally done.

Comment

I don't think it's worth getting rebased bulbs for an H1 projector. The main reason for getting D2S bulbs is alignment, and that's useless for H1 based projectors. There are bulbs that reach close to the intensity of an OEM bulb but cost a fraction of the money.

What model of Camry?

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
          I don't think it's worth getting rebased bulbs for an H1 projector. The main reason for getting D2S bulbs is alignment, and that's useless for H1 based projectors. There are bulbs that reach close to the intensity of an OEM bulb but cost a fraction of the money.

What model of Camry?
          2009 Camry headlight OEM projectors are 2.5 inch so my retrofit options as far as I know are mini H1 or by some luck finding Acura MDX projectors

Comment

Originally posted by mikedexion View Post

2009 Camry headlight OEM projectors are 2.5 inch so my retrofit options as far as I know are mini H1 or by some luck finding Acura MDX projectors
            If itís the same koito H11 halogen that Toyota uses In everything, then itís basically an RX350 projector with an H11 bulb holder and bowl. You could probably direct swap it IF those conditions are true.

Comment

If it's 2.5" it can't be an RX350 halogen variant. But I didn't know Camry ever had a 2.5" projector, I thought they were all 3".

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

If it's 2.5" it can't be an RX350 halogen variant. But I didn't know Camry ever had a 2.5" projector, I thought they were all 3".

the 2010 model and up, had the changed in the front, you can see the headlight is different and bumper is different. from what i have seen the before 2010 is a 2.5 lens, the 2010 and up is the 3 inch, thats why you will see that the rx350 will work.

Comment

Originally posted by riceandpho View Post

the 2010 model and up, had the changed in the front, you can see the headlight is different and bumper is different. from what i have seen the before 2010 is a 2.5 lens, the 2010 and up is the 3 inch, thats why you will see that the rx350 will work.
                  Yeah I know what youíre talking about now. I didnít know what year they facelifted the Camry. Makes me wonder if the facelifted headlights would bolt up as a straight swap.

Comment

Yes I’m limited to the mini H1, 07 Acura MDX projectors or gambling on eBay.

I’d rather just shim and call it a day. I have some new 5500K’s now and the green is all but gone about a week after installation, but as soon as hidconcepts restocks the XV’s I’m gonna grab a set and take some pics

/edit/ well Iíll be darned!! HIDconcep has a 2.5 inch D2S projector!!! But itís sold out! gonna have to investigate this
                    Last edited by mikedexion; April 9th, 2018, 11:46 AM.

Comment

There are plenty of 2.5" D2S projectors! 3G TL, RX330 (ooo that's a good one), S2K, etc. Some of the top dogs are 2.5".

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

There are plenty of 2.5" D2S projectors! 3G TL, RX330 (ooo that's a good one), S2K, etc. Some of the top dogs are 2.5".
                        Not SC430s.
                        Last edited by Zac.; April 9th, 2018, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Never mention SC430s. The less people know about them, the lower the price stays.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Never mention SC430s. The less people know about them, the lower the price stays.
                            I will edit my post.. sorry. lol

Comment

Hahahaha very nicely done.

OP there are plenty of great 2.5" OEM D2S options! Look into them. I'd take those over an MH1 7.0 any day if they fit.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Working...
                              X