No announcement yet.

Philips + Osram + Morimoto Shootout - D2S Bulb Intensity and Color Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philips + Osram + Morimoto Shootout - D2S Bulb Intensity and Color Comparison

Morimoto XB 4500K vs. Philips D2S 85122

Morimoto XB 4500K vs. Osram 66240

Philips D2S 85122 vs. Osram 66240

Morimoto XB 5500K vs. Philips Xtreme-Vision

Morimoto XB 5500K vs. Osram CBI

Philips X-tremeVision vs. Osram CBI

Morimoto XB 6500K vs. Osram CBH

Morimoto XB 6500K vs. Philips Ultinon

Osram CBH vs. Philips Ultinon
    Last edited by Lightwerkz Global Inc.; March 4th, 2017, 09:24 AM.
    Check out our current promotions to save up to 15% on your next parts order with us

Need help? Contact us - Email: info@lightwerkz.net

HID Retrofits l Halos l Lens Restorations l Repairs l Installations

Follow us on Facebook & Instagram ! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for pro tips and behind the scenes videos!

OEM FTW

Reason why you only chose Morimoto and not other heavy hitters like CNLight and UPS as well? I don't see intensity changing much between the aftermarkets, but color temps might be closer.
    *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Yeah you can see the green tint to the XB bulbs. Not so much on the 4500k Morimoto's though.

Comment

Is just me or XB 5500k seems more blue than 6500k ?

Chevrolet Astra 2.0
        OEM Hella E55 frosted lens with 4-position Eletric Leveling
        Yeaky 5500k @ Hyluxtek ASIC DSP 50W

Comment

Well done !
          I wish there was low exposure images too

Originally posted by Alberto View Post
          Is just me or XB 5500k seems more blue than 6500k ?
          I agree

Comment

Nice comparo Ceaser.
            If m not wrong these test are done at 35w so it would be interesting to see color, intensity at 50-55w(esply with dlt f5).

Originally posted by HK45 View Post
            OEM FTW

Reason why you only chose Morimoto and not other heavy hitters like CNLight and UPS as well? I don't see intensity changing much between the aftermarkets, but color temps might be closer.
            Also add yeaky to that list. AFAI heard cn used to make bulb and now yeaky makes xb bulbs.

Originally posted by Pklemm View Post
            Yeah you can see the green tint to the XB bulbs. Not so much on the 4500k Morimoto's though.
            Max in 6500k and decreases with k so least in 4500k. Even at 55w too.Ordered yeaky 6500k to use at 50w Hope its not present in yeaky 6500k as yeaky only makes xb bulbs now.
            My feedback thread
            https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...for-mayurhuria

Comment

Almost everything I needed to answer my bulb questions, except the lux readings

Comment

This is an awesome thread. Thank You LightWerkz

Comment

subscribed
                  2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
                  1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'

Comment

Its pretty obvious that the OEM bulbs totally destroy the aftermarket bulbs in brightness and intensity in all the different combinations posted above, without even having a lux readout. For those who are skeptical though I took the first image labeled "Morimoto XB 4500K vs. Philips D2S 85122" and lowered the image brightness and increased the contrast in Photoshop to make the hotspot stand out a lot more than in the original images. You can judge for yourself which one is the better bulb.

Custom shield service not available at this time.

PM is not a great way to reach me. Email me at imagioX1@outlook.com

Comment

Yea, I can tell I have A LOT more light on the road tonight and a brighter hot spot with the low hours 85122+ I just got.

Comment

I think it is just a problem of alignment of the XB bulbs. Shimming will do the trick.

Chevrolet Astra 2.0
                        OEM Hella E55 frosted lens with 4-position Eletric Leveling
                        Yeaky 5500k @ Hyluxtek ASIC DSP 50W

Comment

Originally posted by Alberto View Post
                          I think it is just a problem of alignment of the XB bulbs. Shimming will do the trick.

You could lower the hotspot and expose more but your cutoff will be all jacked up. Just take a look at the lux readings. you can see how much brighter they are. We did them in high beam mode specifically to see how bright the bulbs were.
                          Check out our current promotions to save up to 15% on your next parts order with us

Follow us on Facebook & Instagram ! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for pro tips and behind the scenes videos!

Comment

Updated first post

Comment

I'm kind of surprised to see the Philips CBI and XV hitting higher lux than the NBU. Were these single readings or an average of several readings? 40 lux isn't a lot but still surprising, I'd expect them to be much closer. I wonder if Philips is playing with geometry in the capsule to get higher focus and a more intense hitspot.

Comment

Working...
                              X