Halogen Bulbs vs HID Bulbs vs LED Bulbs And Where They Belong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nuvolari View Post
    Well considering some of the OEM led units use fans then that means there are durable fans that can handle the harsh engine bay environment. Those fans have to come from somewhere... and quality aftermarket companies should find that somewhere and order the same/similar fans.
    Fans in OEM LEDs yes, but the fans in those sub-$50 ebay/aliexpress pNp bulbs are the ones I'm having doubts about. I'm sure DD won't try cutting costs on such an important component though.
    Originally posted by HK45
    I don't even look to see what Eddie writes anymore. I'm too busy staring at his avatar.

Comment

Like I said, DD is using a Sunon Maglev fan on their headlight bulbs. Most likely for long term performance. As well as good CFM airflow.

http://www.sunon.com/tw/products/pdf/technology.pdf
      www.automotiveLEDresearch.com

Comment

I had one of those high speed fans crap out on me in a computer after about 10 years of constant on time.
        2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
        1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter View Post
          I had one of those high speed fans crap out on me in a computer after about 10 years of constant on time.
          Only 10 years? What a piece of junk!

Comment

87,600 hours of constant on time? Pshh...crapola for sure.
            www.automotiveLEDresearch.com

Comment

It might have taken some weekends off.
              2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
              1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'

Comment

So about 87,216 hours then? (Some weekends taken off for you Bitter)

Also, as the one thing that got me into looking up all this stuff and doing a retrofit was some led kit that was absolute crap (superbrightleds), so I'm quite looking forward to the comparisons.

Comment

Working...
                X