Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Honda Accord Retrofit

Hi,

I am looking to retrofit my 2007 Accord with projectors and I am completely new to this. I have read through some threads on the topic and they all seem to be pretty old so the pictures are either unavailable or are covered with some kind of watermark, making them unusable.

So far I have found that I will need the low beam harness from TRS, I will be using the E55-R shrouds with the centric rings and I want to use either the TL, TSX or RL projectors with the respective electrics. I will also be buying a spare set of headlights to work on so I can still drive the car. Do the headlights I use have to be aimed to begin with? Or does it not matter?

What projector, ballast, igniter and bulb combo do you guys recommend?
    I am leaning toward the TL because of the Bi-Xenon and the fact TRS has the 4TL-R in stock, but not the other two. I would like to go with the one with the best light output, so anyone who has used these let me know.

Also, would I be better off buying new electronics, or should I be fine using the electronics from a pair of used headlights?

Since my car has a female 9006 plug, what adapter will I need for the recommended ballast? (TRS link would be super helpful)
    Are there any specific DIYs that still have the pictures linked? The one I kept finding here was never finished, OP’s car was in the shop after an accident and I don’t believe he finished the thread.

What are some general recommendations from the community?

I can’t sleep for whatever reason, so I decided I’d post here and get started on this project that I’ve been putting off.

I know it’s a lot of questions, some of which may have already been answered in other threads. I will be making my way through the other threads and maybe I’ll find them eventually.

Thanks in advance for any help and Happy Thanksgiving.

Also, how do I get rid of the dark background while typing replies? It makes replying to or starting threads kind of annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by ashirm98 View Post
      Also, how do I get rid of the dark background while typing replies? It makes replying to or starting threads kind of annoying.
      You can click the first button on the left of the bar above the type box to switch to the source code

Comment

Working...
      X