How to do passive demon eyes ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to do passive demon eyes ?

Hello there i have a question on how to do pasive demom eyes on a set of FXRS projectors ? Cant find any link on how to DIY. Any help would be appreciated

You need to separate the front half from the bowl, take out the shield and paint the forward facing pieces whichever color you want.

To figure out which parts need painting, try sticking on a piece of colored tape on the surface, put the front half back with the bowl, and see if under reasonable lighting, you can see the color from the tape.

Make sure you don't paint over hinges or other moving surfaces.
    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
      You need to separate the front half from the bowl, take out the shield and paint the forward facing pieces whichever color you want.

To figure out which parts need painting, try sticking on a piece of colored tape on the surface, put the front half back with the bowl, and see if under reasonable lighting, you can see the color from the tape.

Make sure you don't paint over hinges or other moving surfaces.
      Thanks do you recommend to used high heat paint ?

Comment

High heat paint is probably a good idea.
        Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
          High heat paint is probably a good idea.
          Thank you very much for the info.

Comment

Stumbled on this while looking for an led demon eye write up. Glad I did.....took a spare set of halogen projectors and tried it out. This isn't high temp paint and I hope I can find a similar color in high temp. It looks darker at different angles and lower light.

Comment

Originally posted by VortecBlazer View Post
              Stumbled on this while looking for an led demon eye write up. Glad I did.....took a spare set of halogen projectors and tried it out. This isn't high temp paint and I hope I can find a similar color in high temp. It looks darker at different angles and lower light.

Looks awesome i definitely like it .

Comment

I got my box of goodies from TRS, found some paint that's suppose to give an anodized look and is rated for 500*, painted the passive demon eye

Comment

Hey guys. Quick question.
                  Does anybody tried this or can comment on the following method will hold good or not?
                  Base coat of 2k automobile paint(as dere are only few options in high heat), topped up with high heat resistant clear coat. Something like rustoleum high heat clear. So this would hold good in long run?
                  My feedback thread
                  https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...for-mayurhuria

Comment

So I know that high heat paint is recommended for passive demon eyes, but would nail polish work instead?

Comment

Might not be a good idea. If anything let it dry overnight then power the projectors out of the headlights and run them for about half hour or so to test
                      Originally posted by HK45
                      I don't even look to see what Eddie writes anymore. I'm too busy staring at his avatar.

Comment

Working...
                      X