Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome video! Can't wait to see the time lapse

Originally posted by XRJoe View Post
    Nice. I really like the stud/nut method. Does that allow for rotational adjustment too before you lock it down?
    What some people do is cut slots for the screws to allow rotational adjustment. Just leave 1 hole to have a pivot.
    What I did was back my projectors against the reflector and tightened the nuts enough to be secure but loose enough to let me make quick adjustments before I jb welded it in place. Luckily I was able to eyeball the mounting to get it close enough that I didn't need to cut slots
    2006 Chevy Cobalt - SRX Bi-xenon/Denso 35w
    2011 GMC Terrain V6 - 4TL-R retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by FSanti87 View Post
      Awesome video! Can't wait to see the time lapse What some people do is cut slots for the screws to allow rotational adjustment. Just leave 1 hole to have a pivot. What I did was back my projectors against the reflector and tightened the nuts enough to be secure but loose enough to let me make quick adjustments before I jb welded it in place. Luckily I was able to eyeball the mounting to get it close enough that I didn't need to cut slots
      Cool, that makes sense. Thank you. That's nearly exactly what I did mounting a set of MH1s in my Spyder headlights (with their projector brackets and my adapters).
      - Joe

2013 Focus ST
      1985 Merkur XR4Ti

Comment

I am so in for a time lapse video. After watching the initial video in the thread, the nut and bolt sounds like the direction I want to go. This will be my first retrofit ever, so I would kill to see this time lapse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What is the black stuff you use to cover the holes you drill for the bolts?

Comment

Originally posted by sportyaccordy View Post
            What is the black stuff you use to cover the holes you drill for the bolts?
            JB Quick Weld Epoxy
            Check out our current promotions to save up to 15% on your next parts order with us

Need help? Contact us - Email: info@lightwerkz.net

HID Retrofits l Halos l Lens Restorations l Repairs l Installations

Follow us on Facebook & Instagram ! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for pro tips and behind the scenes videos!

Comment

Did the in-depth video ever get made for the nut-and-bolt method? I'd love to see that before I tackle my first retrofit within the next month or so.

Comment

I'm getting ready to do this on my silverado classic with the mh1 7.0s, but I can't find anywhere on how you measure or determine where to drill the holes for the screws. Can you shed a little more insight on this?

Comment

Working...
                X