Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol i hate your aviatar man! I feel like im being mocked... jk.

Ok ill drop the passenger side i was in a hurry tonight trying to see if the rotation was better

Comment

Well i raised the pass beam up a bit there isnt much more i can do. Still seems off to me. I cant get rid of the 2nd step.

Comment

The low side horizontal should be level with each other.

Comment

What adjustment should i do to help this out.

Comment

I would ajust the left side up or the right side down.
            should look like this:
            http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture2copy.jpg

Comment

I canít seem to find the hotspot on my drivers side. How would I shim this?

Comment

Originally posted by 19wrx View Post
                I canít seem to find the hotspot on my drivers side. How would I shim this?

you must have the same problem as I have, the hotspot is a lot above the cutoff line and I had to move the lit bulb by hand on a dark area to find it out. I now have to move it towards 7 o'clock and I am thinking of trying something like this:

Do you guys think that it could work?

Comment

Seems a bit thick, but if it works, it works. Usually we use cardboard like from a cereal box, sometimes double layer it with double sided tape.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
                  2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Changed bulbs in my 14 srt Grand Cherokee. These are osram CBB D3S. Very unhappy with them. The passenger hot spot is about 6 feet in front of the vehicle and no nice cut off. Looks like a frown on that side. Drivers side is a little better but overall prefer factory. Can the d3s be shimmed or are the ďfingersĒ in a d3s mount bent and I need to keep bending and reinstalling till they look good? Replace with factory bulbs is my next step.

Comment

Check the bulb seating again.

Comment

Then you must have installed them wrong, or bought fakes. One of the two. All OEM bulbs have the same cutoff and hotspot location, same beam pattern. Just various color temperatures and levels of brightness.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

I verified them with the osram trust system. If it was easier to upload pics I would show you the beam patterns etc. made a small adjustment to passenger side and got it in a little nicer. Has a cutoff similar to drivers side. Still not a huge fan of the CBB color but maybe Iím just old. Haha.

Comment

The Osram trust system can be fooled. If you didn't buy from a retailer like TRS or Lightwerkz they very well may be fakes. The beam pattern should be IDENTICAL to your stock beam pattern.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

I purchased a pair of center sections and modified them like this cause i really don't like that steep cutoff.

No bowing here.

Last edited by Benz1911; March 26th, 2019, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X