Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man, none of the pictures work - this looks like it would be very helpful

Comment

Our friend HK45 is on vacation, so don't expect the photos to be up anytime soon. But it's fairly simple. You add material like cereal box cardboard to the same edge of where you want the hotspot to go. Want it lower? Shim the bottom.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
      2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
        Our friend HK45 is on vacation, so don't expect the photos to be up anytime soon. But it's fairly simple. You add material like cereal box cardboard to the same edge of where you want the hotspot to go. Want it lower? Shim the bottom.
        Thanks for the heads-up, Halo - as it turns out, I think I have bigger issues for now, but I appreciate your help!

Comment

Hi, i need help cause i dont know if i put 12 or 6 o┤clock to adjust my hotspot. See my picture. my right side headlight little bend on left, and invades another side (left) causing two steps focus.. i dont know but i thinking shimming will work to me..

Comment

Originally posted by invisired View Post
            Hi, i need help cause i dont know if i put 12 or 6 o┤clock to adjust my hotspot. See my picture. my right side headlight little bend on left, and invades another side (left) causing two steps focus.. i dont know but i thinking shimming will work to me..
            I'm not sure the left side is really an extra step; from the change in colorband, it appears to be the side effect of a change in colorband thickness as you go further to the left side. If the edge of the shield for the beam cutoff is uniform throughout, it could be because the curvature is slightly off to maintain the consistent colorband. Note though, that consistent colorband isn't necessary; it is purely aesthetic. Also, newer projectors seem to not have the lower cutoff stay low forever; they eventually go up again, but is ok because the intensity is much lower and the angle it makes with oncoming traffic is very large (i.e. oncoming traffic will not likely see it head on).
            Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
              I'm not sure the left side is really an extra step; from the change in colorband, it appears to be the side effect of a change in colorband thickness as you go further to the left side. If the edge of the shield for the beam cutoff is uniform throughout, it could be because the curvature is slightly off to maintain the consistent colorband. Note though, that consistent colorband isn't necessary; it is purely aesthetic. Also, newer projectors seem to not have the lower cutoff stay low forever; they eventually go up again, but is ok because the intensity is much lower and the angle it makes with oncoming traffic is very large (i.e. oncoming traffic will not likely see it head on).
              if i understand, you said, side effect of little curve, bend) it┤s originate from change colorband? my english its no so good and some words i have to read more than once
              and search a word that fit.. =D

if yes, its normal? so i will accept

see this picture again right side. What bothers me is the right side.. when the a litle right slice side overlaps left side.

Comment

Can an improperly aligned bulb cause a more vertical step? I just put my MH1 v7.0s in and noticed the right headlight step is almost vertical, compared to the ~45║ slope on the left headlight. It also seems to have much less colour on the R/H projector compared to the left.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaAlpha9 View Post
                  Can an improperly aligned bulb cause a more vertical step? I just put my MH1 v7.0s in and noticed the right headlight step is almost vertical, compared to the ~45║ slope on the left headlight. It also seems to have much less colour on the R/H projector compared to the left.
                  Pics can help us better understand
                  *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

You mean as seen on the ground, right, not as seen on a wall straight ahead?

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
                      You mean as seen on the ground, right, not as seen on a wall straight ahead?
                      Ya it's down the road that it looks like a vertical step. It looks like a normal step against a wall. Maybe it's normal and I just have sharp enough cutoffs to actually see it now with the new projectors.

Comment

Ya it's down the road that it looks like a vertical step. It looks like a normal step against a wall. Maybe it's normal and I just have sharp enough cutoffs to actually see it now with the new projectors.
                        The following factors can make the impression of the passenger's side elbow angle steeper than the driver's side elbow angle:
                        • The passenger side projector has a slightly inward yaw, i.e. the centerline of the beam points inward instead of straight ahead
                        • The road surface isn't completely flat. This can happen when facing an on-ramp or a slightly inclined driveway
                        I don't claim those to be the only two causes

Comment

Help a newb shim the right way please!! Im pretty lost. Using denali projector housings with 7.0 swapped in and H1 bulbs

Comment

Excellent write up. I knew something wasn't right. Another Mini H1 7.0. case. All Morimoto parts.
                            Passenger is way down, drivers is ? (too high) small drivers hotspot.
                            Use cardboard to shim, hmm.
                            These photos are from last week and I have since corrected the horizontal, they are no longer pigeon toed pointing in.
                            Hot spot issue is next.

Comment

Originally posted by Varty Yo View Post
                              Help a newb shim the right way please!! Im pretty lost. Using denali projector housings with 7.0 swapped in and H1 bulbs

The hotspots aren't that bad, maybe the passenger side a tad low. But your rotation on the driver's side is off quite a bit.
                              *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by HK45 View Post
                                The hotspots aren't that bad, maybe the passenger side a tad low. But your rotation on the driver's side is off quite a bit.
                                Ok thanks for the input! About rotation on driver sidejust how much rotation will effect it? Are we talking 1/8", 1/4" etc. also you see the split in the passenger beam how would i get rid of that? I searched but wasnt getting rotational answers.

Comment

Working...
                                X