This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by slicksierra View Post
    So that aiming idea totally not kosher for trucks lol. Needs to be adjusted to like a 4-6in drop at 25 feet depending on how high your trucks is.
    Indeed. And more precisely, depending how high the center of the low beam is from the ground.
    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

• Originally posted by satrya
      Indeed. And more precisely, depending how high the center of the low beam is from the ground.
      I would venture to say between 3.75and 4 feet off the ground

live from the gutter trash.

Comment

• Originally posted by satrya View Post
        Exactly, my low beam from the ground is 24 inches -2 =22 inches at 25ft.

Comment

• 2-3" drop is just a guideline, as it mainly applies for cars.

SUV's will require about 4-5" and trucks about 6-8"depending on height of headlight.

as ive said many times over the years, the best way to do headlight alignment is to find a long straight road that is close to perfectly level. pop out your measuring tape and measure out 300ft. your lowbeam should hit at exactly 300t ( 250ft is the lower part of the step, 300ft is the higher part of step). make sure your tires are correctly inflated, struts are not worn out, and you have about 1/2 a tank -3/4 of a tank of gas in your vehicle.

follow the above procedure and i guarantee any vehicle you have will be correctly aligned.
          Octa projectors, eight OEM bulbs, ~30,000lm , and 169 degrees of driving heaven!

Comment

• Originally posted by michael.kozera View Post
            2-3" drop is just a guideline, as it mainly applies for cars.

SUV's will require about 4-5" and trucks about 6-8"depending on height of headlight.

as ive said many times over the years, the best way to do headlight alignment is to find a long straight road that is close to perfectly level. pop out your measuring tape and measure out 300ft. your lowbeam should hit at exactly 300t ( 250ft is the lower part of the step, 300ft is the higher part of step). make sure your tires are correctly inflated, struts are not worn out, and you have about 1/2 a tank -3/4 of a tank of gas in your vehicle.

follow the above procedure and i guarantee any vehicle you have will be correctly aligned.
            So at 300ft you can actually see the beam hit the ground?

Comment

• Originally posted by 06BlkMax View Post
              So at 300ft you can actually see the beam hit the ground?
              yes, you should be able to see the beam hit the ground at about 250-300ft. like shown below, abit over exposed but you get the idea. also please take note of both step locations.

Octa projectors, eight OEM bulbs, ~30,000lm , and 169 degrees of driving heaven!

Comment

• I still dont understand. Where can I take my aftermarket headlights to be adjusted? No garage, no place to do in the dark
                Last edited by Fowleri; March 12th, 2018, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Many shops do it. Body shops do it. Go into a malls or movie theaters parking garage and do it yourself. Very simple. For stepped cutoffs, the right side (the taller side) has to be perfectly parallel with the ground. Measure from the center of the projector to the ground. Park 25 feet away. The right, higher side of the beam should be the same distance from the ground.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
                  2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Working...
                  X