2014 Hyundai Elantra GT Koito LED retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT Koito LED retrofit

It fits! After 2 days of off and on trimming...test fitting and some more trimming everything has been closed up! This is probably one of the closest fitting retrofits I have ever worked with (meaning...if it weren't for these I would have had mini H1's because of limited space) and aside from some dust on the projector lens everything turned out perfect. Now here is hoping these LED projectors last. It looks like I cut quite a bit off of the projectors but it looks worse than it really is...maybe 20% off? I was looking at pics of the Corolla projector and it looks comparable so here is hoping! I am quite pleased with the output but they are not very wide nor really bright but they are my favorite to date. My last set up was ES350 projectors with all the mods minus the curved shield and I like this set up so much more! I have all pics except output pics...forgot my camera on my drive.

details...

Murano LED projectors
    painted part of shroud black

all started here...

Last edited by brownmutthid; August 24th, 2015, 01:22 AM.

some cutoff pics before installed...Ill get some new ones up soon!

and the wrong one I was first sent...it had a clear lens! camera captured it oddly... hot spot is in the perfect spot. it does drop off though at the edge.

Last edited by brownmutthid; August 23rd, 2015, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Hmm. Is the clear lens a stock plastic one? That looks really good.
      2013 Grand Caravan. LS460s + RX350s.

Comment

Originally posted by lowfat View Post
        Hmm. Is the clear lens a stock plastic one? That looks really good.
        thank you! appears to be completely clear and is plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by brownmutthid View Post
          Now here is hoping these LED projectors last. It looks like I cut quite a bit off of the projectors but it looks worse than it really is...maybe 20% off?

you definitely trimmed a good amount of the heat sink off. we're you able to take temp readings near the chip prior to cutting? would be interesting to know how much cooling is lost. if anything, if this is a passive cooling, you could make up the difference by flowing air over the remaining part of the heat sink.
          My Retrofits:
          Classic Mini HID Retrofit #2 (January 2012 ROTM)
          Classic Mini LED Retrofit
          Lance Venice HID Retrofit
          Honda Grom HID Retrofit (May 2014 ROTM)

Comment

snapped a pic finally! appears the left needs to come up a tiny amount. not super wide...but they make me smile! the distance though is quite good. i could clearly see the light bouncing off of signs maybe 1/2 mile or more and it was pretty sharp.

underexposed some...

and auto exposure...

Comment

We need someone to take temp readings before and after heat sinks are being hacked off. Would be some interesting data.
              *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

I would like to know too! but I do not have a way to measure. I looked at the corolla projector and figured it was about the same as what I have now. I do have provisions for a fan if needs be. I left the back mostly intact...it was the front that took a beating. Besides...it appears the high beams I have use the same LED...so if things go south before I decide I need a fan I have two replacement LEDs.

Another thought too...I have to whole piece that the projector mounts to. It is cast aluminum but a bit thicker. They are directly attached to each other. Not sure how if any difference that would make.

Edit...again...it looks like what my projector is mounted to is the same thickness as the heatsink on the Corolla version... Without any facts Ill say that the thermal transfer to the mount will make up for what has been cut off.

Last edited by brownmutthid; August 24th, 2015, 01:16 AM.

Comment

How in the world did you fit those massive headlights in your oven?

Comment

Really nice output!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Comment

The GT headlights do fit in some oven, a heat gun works pretty good too if you are careful not to overheat any spot. I changed my stock lenses to black series on my GT, and besides a flat cutoff shield the stock halogen projectors accept HID pretty good. My cut off is very sharp now with lots of blue flicker.

I also installed some halos from TRS while I was at it, plus some white paint.

Comment

I am impressed, ,i mean really, as my retrofit went south on my 2013 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Firstnissan View Post
                          How in the world did you fit those massive headlights in your oven?
                          Heat gun... It took about 15 min per headlight...felt like forever!

Sunsbenz...what happened? I really planned and planned for this one. Actually ever since TRS started selling them I've been thinking of ways to fit them. In the end...if it weren't for the Murano LED projector I would have had either an e46 single or mini H1. The space is sooo tight because of the trim.

Comment

Exactly the oem shroud is like 1/2 too tight to fit the rx330 projector the lens wouldnt close after fitting the projectors, my other uption would be butchering up the rx projector aft lens holder part. The murano projectors are just too expensive right now with the change rate even if they are pretty much what i would like to fit in there like yours.

sent from a pingouin

Comment

Originally posted by sunsbenz View Post
                              Exactly the oem shroud is like 1/2 too tight to fit the rx330 projector the lens wouldnt close after fitting the projectors, my other uption would be butchering up the rx projector aft lens holder part. The murano projectors are just too expensive right now with the change rate even if they are pretty much what i would like to fit in there like yours.

sent from a pingouin
                              I would have just changed the shrouds out. not a big deal. TRS has some decent shrouds that you could make work.

Comment

Working...
                              X