Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Ford Fusion retrofit

Hello Gents,
    I would like to start out by saying this forum ( which I have been lurking in for a while ) is an amazing source of knowledge and information. I am a newbie here, so please help me in the right direction if I am doing something I shouldn't be.

As for my car. 2014 Ford fusion, that I have installed mini D2S 3.0 projectors, XSB halos, denso ballasts, Osram CBI bulbs. MY own custom projector mount adapters, factory plug and play wiring, paint, and lots of scratching on my head. I have a bunch of pictures of the internals, and just got them running and aimed last night.

My question to all of you, is anybody interested in seeing the pictures, wiring diagrams, etc that I have done on this project? I will attach a pic of output on a wall to start, and other pictures if you guys would like.

IMG_0462.jpg

I couldn't have done this with out your help, even if you did not know you were providing it!

cheers, and I look forward to you reply's

Post em' up!
    RX350BX (EU) | STI-R | XB35 Ballasts| HD Relay | 66240 CBI | JDM AStar LED Int. | AFSpec LED Ext.

Comment

Looks good.
      2013 Grand Caravan. LS460s + RX350s.

Comment

I will post the rest I have so far when I get back home.

Lowfat. I see we are both in the same town, ( well I'm in wembley) interesting how small a world it is!

Comment

That's why we are here. We crave any pics that have to do with any retro :-)
          *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Why did you not use the evox-r projectors? Much better output and should be a direct bolt replacement..

Posting up all photos helps eventually, someone somewhere.

Welcome to the club.
            2017 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost

Comment

Okay, a little bit of boring background to the images, and myself. I have wanted to retrofit my car since I found TRS last year, I hate stock halogens! I also like to have the best, and do the best I can in most things. This is why I have spent so long playing around with the retro, until I had it the way I wanted it. I wanted to use the factory plug to have a plug and play light, to keep the install clean, and not have a bunch of wires coming out of places they were not supposed to. This required finding out what the pins in the factory plug are. Now this was an arduous task, but finally found them, and Ill list the part numbers later in the build list. this allows you to run all the wires I wanted, in the factory plug, and not change any of the factory wires. okay on with some pics.

First 3 pics are the brackets to adapt from factory valeo halogen projector to the D2S 3.0. they put the lens in the same location as the factory. That is 1/4" graph paper if somebody wants to duplicate them.

IMG_0364.jpgIMG_0368.jpgIMG_0369.jpg

next few are the mounted projectors. It took 3 shims on the top, and 2 shims on the bottom on the factory holes to the brackets to allow the light to be adjusted afterwards, and to just get them to sit in the correct alignment. There is a bunch more of all the ground out spots etc, but unless you are doing this mod, not necessary here today.

[ATTACH]44580IMG_0380.jpgIMG_0381.jpgIMG_0382.jpgIMG_0383.jpgIMG_0384.jpgIMG_0385.jpg

Next are a few of the painted innards, it is satin black caliper paint, and a bit of Plastidip smoke on the park light lens

IMG_0397.jpgIMG_0400.jpgIMG_0401.jpg

A couple prototype fitments on the car, starting to look the way I want them! Don't mind the disaster in the shop behind the car, it was before spring cleaning!

IMG_0403.jpgIMG_0406.jpgIMG_0407.jpg

Now I seem to have lost a bunch of pics from my phone on the Halo install, and final install. Ill try to find them.

The last pics for tonight is the wiring diagrams I have drawn for this install. the factory plug is the only connector used on the headlight.
              Morimoto can bus eliminators, Denso D2S ballasts, Osram CBI bulbs, Morimoto 80mm XSB halos, junction box, and relays are ones I had laying around the shop. I made my own harness from junction box to the lights and Molex Mx150 pins part numbers are from Molex, and I ordered them in from Mouser electronics.
              MFG Part No:33012-2001

MFG Part No:33000-0001

internal (1000x767).jpgexternal (1000x767).jpg

Comment

BVC,

In all the reading I did before buying parts, everywhere I read on the new fusions, the EVOX-R projectors do not physically fit, and the gen 2 fusion has different factory projectors than the old ones. Also not having unlimited funds I didn't want to buy 2 sets of projectors, especially knowing that by the time I would get around to doing the mod, I wouldn't be able to return them.

And thankyou guys for the welcome! I have gleaned a lot of you guys, time to give back.

Comment

Wow, very clean retro!

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
                  2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Looks good, more pics!

Comment

Originally posted by Furie View Post
                      BVC,

In all the reading I did before buying parts, everywhere I read on the new fusions, the EVOX-R projectors do not physically fit, and the gen 2 fusion has different factory projectors than the old ones. Also not having unlimited funds I didn't want to buy 2 sets of projectors, especially knowing that by the time I would get around to doing the mod, I wouldn't be able to return them.

And thankyou guys for the welcome! I have gleaned a lot of you guys, time to give back.
                      Looks like to me they would have bolted up. Worst case if not, you could have still made a custom bracket.

Do you have a close up photo of the projector after completion? You used a 2.5" lens projector in a 3" projector hole (if evox-r was direct swap) thus making you have a decent gap in the factory shroud. At least in your bracket photos it shows a big gap..

Either way, good job.
                      2017 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost

Comment

Mini D2S are 3" projectors.

I'll keep an eye out for your vehicle.
                        2013 Grand Caravan. LS460s + RX350s.

Comment

That is some clean and precise work! Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by BVC View Post
                            Looks like to me they would have bolted up. Worst case if not, you could have still made a custom bracket.

Do you have a close up photo of the projector after completion? You used a 2.5" lens projector in a 3" projector hole (if evox-r was direct swap) thus making you have a decent gap in the factory shroud. At least in your bracket photos it shows a big gap..

Either way, good job.
                            unfortunately I don't have the second set of pics. My phone either deleted them, or I had enough whiskey in me I lost the files. I'll take some more pics through the exterior lens. They projector lens is in almost exactly the same physical location as the factory one.
                            Now that I'm done the retrofit, I'll do some measuring on the factory bracket and verify if the evox-r is a bolt up or not.

Comment

Fwiw, the Ford Mondeo sibling in Europe runs a nice LED low & high beam combo; "Ford Dynamic LED"

Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Working...
                              X