Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW KOITO BI-LED Projectors RETROFIT (2014 TUNDRA)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW KOITO BI-LED Projectors RETROFIT (2014 TUNDRA)

KOITO LED PROJECTOR RETROFIT COMPLETED!

Boy that heatsink made it a difficult install!

Anyway I added a brighter LED (brighter than Morimoto LED Switch but doesnt have turn signal function) and a Diffuser to hide the LED.

These things are BRIGHT! Now they arent as bright as the RX350 with OEM bulbs but it beats pretty much everything below the RX. I love these things! Instant light, Last basically longer than my tundra will, no more bulb replacement or ballasts.

Now for the bad. I cant seem to figure out how to get the High Beam to work with the Factory High beam switch (H4 factory Harness). Everything is connected correctly to the stock harness but it doesnt work.I know Im missing something Anyone have any ideas?

There are 5 wires connected to the Projector Pigtail Connector[/SIZE]

• Blue= High Beam (Hot)
    • Yellow= Low Beam (Hot)
    • Black= Ground
    • Green= DRL (Dims LED for DRL)
    • Gray= DRL GROUND

Heres the projector

CPQwo0m.jpg

9HYBGoO.jpg

3xlenIT.jpg

HLvZyFG.jpg

TOs2It0.jpg

GBEyFcN.jpg

stSEDQy.jpg

Weird looking Right!

First I cut off the connector and begin extending the wires I will use (Low Beam, High Beam, Ground). The rest will be taped up with electrical tape and placed out of the way. I will connect these wires to an H4 connector so they can be plug n play once mounted.

3wnMYFJ.jpg

3FjBkCN.jpg

Now the test fitment. First I measured the back of the projector and made my marks where I will cut. This thing has a wide a** (heat sink makes it slightly more difficult than OEM projectors)

zcKzENB.jpg

I had to shave down to bottom bracket to be able to get the shroud on

bZEtQ4E.jpg

Heres how I did the LED

First I needed to create a Heat Sink for the LED because these are extremely bright so they create lots of heat. I used a 1/16 piece of aluminum and cut it 1/2 wide. Used Jb weld to attach it to the aluminun to help get rid of some of the heat. Now I know I could of created a better heat sink but the area im putting it in is very small so I think what I have will help.

6FD2X9j.jpg

ll2f7jD.jpg

ypY5KAX.jpg

Next cut holes for the wires both for mounting and powering the LED. I cut a piece of Diffuser (from home depot) to fit where the instert goes.
    The rest is pretty much self explanatory.

3Hy7TLG.jpg

6px5soZ.jpg

THE FINAL RESULT

umBUHxX.jpg

N4C0W4m.jpg

EZq5ZYn.jpg

IWE0lC6.jpg

LOW BEAM

UIYuQym.jpg

HIGH BEAM

4poRWrD.jpg

GnBsyZJ.jpg

LED DAYTIME

QOJ36uI.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LHW; August 2nd, 2015, 09:04 PM. Reason: Pictures Fixed
    2014 Tundra Crewmax 4x4 TRD Offroad | KOITO BI-LED PROJECTOR RETROFIT with LED Strip w/ Diffuser as DRL'S| Morimoto X.DRL 1 (reverse lights) |
    Morimoto XB LED Type T Fog Lights | VLED Interior Lights | VLED Bed Lighting

Not one of the images are working for me.
    Custom shield service not available at this time.

PM is not a great way to reach me. Email me at imagioX1@outlook.com

Comment

Originally posted by ImagioX1 View Post
      Not one of the images are working for me.
      Ditto

2005 Dodge Magnum R/T
      Headlight Setup: MH1 7.0 xb35 5500k bulbs acme ballasts MGG
      Performance: 5.7 Hemi MDS, W5A580 Muffler delete, K&N Intake
      Appearance: SRT8 Challenger Wheels
      Check out my tuning page on Facebook!-------> https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rapid...62482277210221

Comment

Don't work for me either

Comment

pics didnt work on my pc too

Comment

Same, on iPad

Comment

They're links to tundratalk attachments......... Try hosting the pictures via Photobucket or even through the attachments on here
              --- 2008 WK - Headlight Retrofit - Foglight Retrofit ---
              ---
              2013 Speed Triple ---
              --- 2003 SV650s - Retrofit ---

Comment

I recommend www.imgur.com as an image host.

Comment

Sorry guys. Changed the host. Should be working now!
                  2014 Tundra Crewmax 4x4 TRD Offroad | KOITO BI-LED PROJECTOR RETROFIT with LED Strip w/ Diffuser as DRL'S| Morimoto X.DRL 1 (reverse lights) |

Comment

Ah that's cool
                    Like the diffused led strip!
                    I'd imagine the high beam not working has something to do with the fact that h4s low beam turns off when you engage the high beam and the fact they have a common ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks pretty good, Nice and clean.
                      --- 2008 WK - Headlight Retrofit - Foglight Retrofit ---
                      ---
                      2013 Speed Triple ---
                      --- 2003 SV650s - Retrofit ---

Comment

How is the color flicker on these bad boy's? Looks awesome though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Comment

How do you like them?

2015 Ford Party ST | 2013 Triumph Street Triple | Dr. LS460R: 227 built to date!

Comment

Originally posted by TRSAndrew View Post
                            How do you like them?
                            I honestly love them! Like I said they are not as bright as the RX350 with oem bulbs like previously compared too, but they are a huge step up from all the projectors below the RX. They are really close though! Its hard to believe these are LED's and not HID's. Not to mention the instant light, last longer, no bulbs or ballast. Im in love with these

Comment

Originally posted by 06BlkMax View Post
                              How is the color flicker on these bad boy's? Looks awesome though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
                              Color flicker is decent. It would probably be better with a clear lense. But these are a few millimeter's smaller than 3". I had a hard time putting on the shroud around it to make it even.

Comment

Working...
                              X