Clear All

Originally posted by HK45 View Post
    Any output pics?
    Indeed!

OEM halogen low beams:

OEM halogen high beams:

G37 low:

G37 low + halogen high (bix didn't work):

OEM halogen reflector headlights | Osram Rallye H7 65W low beams | Philips Vision H1 55W high beams | Pre-facelift orange indicators

Retrofits in progress: MDX LED retrofit | RX350/EvoX-R quad w/'moto HD relay, Mitsubishi gen4 ballasts and selectable quad wiring (needs lots of fixing)

My retrofits

Comment

^
      Looks good, especially considering the wet surface (which makes the distant surfaces more like a mirror; bouncing less light back to the driver).

Are these the same camera settings (in terms of shutter speed, ISO, etc.)?
      Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

What is wrong with the solenoids?
        *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
          ^
          Looks good, especially considering the wet surface (which makes the distant surfaces more like a mirror; bouncing less light back to the driver).

Are these the same camera settings (in terms of shutter speed, ISO, etc.)?
          Absolutely no idea, but they were both taken at the approximately same place at the same time of day, most presumably with a cell phone camera. I'm guessing the before shots are about right and the after shots are a little dark.

What is wrong with the solenoids?
          No idea, they were working fine before I packed the lights up and shipped them off. The last thing I did before boxing them was to make sure everything worked - and everything did. That's also why I've told him to ship the lights back to me so I can fix them, even if that entails swapping out the projectors yet again.

OEM halogen reflector headlights | Osram Rallye H7 65W low beams | Philips Vision H1 55W high beams | Pre-facelift orange indicators

Retrofits in progress: MDX LED retrofit | RX350/EvoX-R quad w/'moto HD relay, Mitsubishi gen4 ballasts and selectable quad wiring (needs lots of fixing)

My retrofits

Comment

Turned out there wasn't anything wrong with the solenoids. He was expecting maybe a bit more light, but as it were, the halogen high beams suck so badly that they were drowned out by the bixenon high beam, so all is good. He will be looking into higher wattage H1 bulbs come Fall, but is generally very happy with the output.

My retrofits

Comment

Wait, did he ship them back to you and you discovered that, or was that problem-solving on his end? haha
              2001 Dodge Ram; TRS Mini D2S (X-lens) install
              1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee; Infiniti G37 install
              1998 BMW 540i (E39); Lexus RX350 install

Comment

So the G37 Sedan high beam sucks so much he didn't even realize they were on?? Dang
                '04 Silverado 2500HD CCSB
                Awaiting a Proper HID retrofit (RX350)
                '00 Corvette 6spd; FBO LQ9, FX-R 3.0 on 50w
                '94 Camaro LQ4/4L80e Swap; WR
                '93 W/T 1500 RCLB LQ4/4L80e Swap; Sealed 6

Comment

I don't think the highs are that bad

Comment

I don't think the highs are that bad
                    I thought the FX-R's high beams are weak, but that seems weaker imho.
                    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Oh ya definitely weaker than FX-Rs

But then again those pics are from about 15ft

Comment

I find the G37 bixenon high beam to be plenty bright. On par with the RX350/BRZ projectors.
                        It's been a while since my last retrofit...

Swap: ZKW-R lens into Bosch/AL E46 bixenon projector | Swap: STI-R lens into G37 sedan bixenon projector
                        2010 Accord retrofit (G37 sedan bixenon) | 2015 Forester retrofit (G37 sedan bixenon)

Comment

Originally posted by JaimeZX View Post
                          Wait, did he ship them back to you and you discovered that, or was that problem-solving on his end? haha
                          No, he dragged his dragon out of her comfort zone and had her look, and the HID high beam did indeed come on, while the halogen high beam was drowned out and pretty much invisible...

Originally posted by MGMTF View Post
                          So the G37 Sedan high beam sucks so much he didn't even realize they were on?? Dang
                          No, he just thought the high beam was the halogen one since that's what he's used to and kinda expected since the high beam reflector is so large. The OEM high beam is quite good for a halogen, but was outshined by the mighty G37!

Originally posted by infinite012 View Post
                          I find the G37 bixenon high beam to be plenty bright. On par with the RX350/BRZ projectors.
                          It's bright enough, but it's lower than the RX350's high beam and looks like it has a slightly more intense hotspot... I dunno. The G37 is a good projector and a strong performer, and at $97 with clear lenses from TRS, it's a steal.

My retrofits

Comment

Looks great and OEM too.

Comment

Working...
                            X