2014 Ram 2500 Mini D2S + Panamera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Ram 2500 Mini D2S + Panamera

Posting this here so people searching might get some useful info.

Mini D2S 35w 5500k with Panamera Shrouds and XB LED 120mm Amber rings behind the shrouds. In a set of ebay Dual headlights. Surprisingly the Panameras fit with only minor modification considering how big they are.

Our stock headlights are Perma-sealed and the Quads have a design that doesn't fit decent projectors or shroud options. Screw that noise and pick up some duals for about ~$140.

7 min at 270 deg, popped out one corner with a plastic pry bar and then could literally peel the whole housing apart like the vid. Try that with the stock perma-sealed ones

Once out I stripped the chrome with oven cleaner and then opened up the bulb hole with a 1 1/2" hole saw. I also drilled out the little rectangle that mounted the bulb reflector cover piece for wiring.

To fit the shroud in there well it has to be placed like a + not an X unless you wanted to cut the nubs off but that's where I hid some wire. You also need to make notches in 3 places per shroud, opposite for the other side.

After that was basic satin black paint for me and mounting the LED rings. I mounted them to the insert of the shroud and used fishing line in two spots, through two of the screw holes. You get four holes but only 2 screws that hold the shroud together. Fits like a glove.

Test fit

After I put them on the truck with no front lens on to adjust them on the horizontal I added a little more butyl and baked them back together. With the help of some vice grips while still warm they went right together. Our headlights are pretty easy since we have multiple clips.

All mounted up.

2014 Ram 2500 6.4
    Mini D2S 3.0, XB 5500k, XB LED Amber/Panamera

Came out looking amazing

Comment

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
      Came out looking amazing
      Thanks! I had to prove I could do better. This is what happened when I tried to do this with the stock perma-sealed ones haha.

Got really frustrated and ended up rushing with them.
      2014 Ram 2500 6.4

Comment

That's a bad ass truck. Any engine mods?
        Originally posted by nine44
        350 wit da wrist boy?

Comment

Looks fantastic!!

THo you should have removed the aweful orange reflector. Sheesh.

Otherwise, great colors and shroud choice!!
          2017 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost

Comment

Why would he remove it? Have you not seen all the matching lights all over the truck?
            350 wit da wrist boy?

Comment

It's a 6.4 so not much available engine mod wise. Have a catback tho.

I could have got the lights with that reflector clear but thought it looked a little rice. I actually like the orange one haha.
              2014 Ram 2500 6.4

Comment

Yeah BVC hates amber. But it's so rice without it

wait the truck is gas? ):
                350 wit da wrist boy?

Comment

Yeah the 6.4 is a new option for this year and yes it's gas. I drove one after a PDI and holy crap that drive was ROUGH. Very quick though. Retrofit looks good! I will also say watch for recalls as it is bound to happen lol.

2005 Dodge Magnum R/T
                  Headlight Setup: MH1 7.0 xb35 5500k bulbs acme ballasts MGG
                  Performance: 5.7 Hemi MDS, W5A580 Muffler delete, K&N Intake
                  Appearance: SRT8 Challenger Wheels
                  Check out my tuning page on Facebook!-------> https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rapid...62482277210221

Comment

Originally posted by Liber_Jr View Post
                    Yeah the 6.4 is a new option for this year and yes it's gas. I drove one after a PDI and holy crap that drive was ROUGH. Very quick though. Retrofit looks good! I will also say watch for recalls as it is bound to happen lol.
                    Hah, yeah stock shocks are garbage. I replaced them all at 300 miles when I did the level, it rides 100x better now. I don't have anything to tow that requires a diesel so I couldn't justify the price, I'm really happy with the 6.4.
                    2014 Ram 2500 6.4

Comment

Originally posted by FoceofWill View Post
                      Hah, yeah stock shocks are garbage. I replaced them all at 300 miles when I did the level, it rides 100x better now. I don't have anything to tow that requires a diesel so I couldn't justify the price, I'm really happy with the 6.4.
                      Yeah they didn't absorb for crap. And the 6.4 is great, diesel is always more so thats a good choice.

2005 Dodge Magnum R/T
                      Headlight Setup: MH1 7.0 xb35 5500k bulbs acme ballasts MGG
                      Performance: 5.7 Hemi MDS, W5A580 Muffler delete, K&N Intake
                      Appearance: SRT8 Challenger Wheels
                      Check out my tuning page on Facebook!-------> https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rapid...62482277210221

Comment

Looks great.
                        Yeah, good move. I've got a 2nd gen Cummins and wouldn't touch the newer oil burners with all the smog gear.

Comment

So I have a little issue with the high beams. The solenoid will trigger when I pull the lever for the flashing but not when I click it forward to set the highs on. When I click it forward the light on the dash doesn't come on and the solenoid won't trigger but the lights stay on fine.

The truck had one bulb for low and one for high stock. I'm not using a halogen bulb in addition to the projectors and don't want to. So currently the low plug is into the ballast and the high plug is into the solenoid.

I have flash to pass capability but not constant on for highs.
                          2014 Ram 2500 6.4

Comment

Originally posted by FoceofWill View Post
                            It's a 6.4 so not much available engine mod wise. Have a catback tho.

I could have got the lights with that reflector clear but thought it looked a little rice. I actually like the orange one haha.
                            Originally posted by Ilikecars View Post
                            Yeah BVC hates amber. But it's so rice without it

wait the truck is gas? ):

Howd you know I hate amber?!

I dunno..I think you could have done it black or left it clear. Thrown some nice LEDs in there. I like amber lights.. just orange reflectors Im not a fan of. I like clean and slick.
                            2017 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost

Comment

Turned out great, nice work!
                              I especially like the effect of the amber ring behind the shroud, looks perfect with the black theme you have going on there.

Ps, I don't mind the amber reflectors one bit. They are kind of a dark amber and I think they look perfect w/ your truck.

Comment

Working...
                              X