Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Honda Accord (8th Gen) Sedan G37 sedan or RX350 retrofit

Car: 2010 Honda Accord LX sedan
    Headlights: OEM with turn signal amber plastic piece removed - amber turn signal bulb installed
    Projectors: G37 sedan bixenon with STI-R clear lens, modified secondary shield (bent out of the way), cereal box spacers installed for MOAR COLOR!
    Bulbs: Osram 66240CBI
    Shrouds: Apollo 1.0

I got bored with the TSX retrofit that I had completed for the Accord a year ago and I wanted to get back to having bixenons. I found a pair of G37 sedan bixenons for sale in TRS's closeout section for $50, picked up STI-R clear lenses and shrouds with the order and had my way with my OEM headlights. Here's what the TSX retrofitted headlights looked like:

Output wasn't spectacular since I didn't really pay attention to the aiming of the lights before epoxying them in place. I also didn't color mod since I didn't know I had to space the lens (the last time I had TSX projectors, everybody was spacing the shield or bowl halves):

So, onto bigger and better things! TSX have 2.5" lens, G37 has 3" lens - I don't need shroud centric rings. I probably should have used some epoxy to hold the shrouds on the G37s, though...

I mounted the G37s using a modified JnC mount; the JnC mounting method somewhat requires a flat bottomed reflector for the bolts to go through and for the self-locking nuts to sit on. Since the Accord has round reflectors, I had to create my own flat areas using corner brackets epoxied to the reflector.

And after some finagling of the brackets, I got this:

And here's a gif of the low beam only, then the low beams + bixenon + OEM halogen high beams:

I have another set of G37 sedan bixenons that will be getting installed in my 2015 Subaru Forester in the near future.
    It's been a while since my last retrofit...

Swap: ZKW-R lens into Bosch/AL E46 bixenon projector | Swap: STI-R lens into G37 sedan bixenon projector
    2010 Accord retrofit (G37 sedan bixenon) | 2015 Forester retrofit (G37 sedan bixenon)

Yes
    Originally posted by nine44
    350 wit da wrist boy?

Comment

Looks amazing

Comment

Really like it man. Nice choice
        AAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

nice retro!

Comment

great

Comment

Thank you, thank you.

I just put in an order for a spare set of headlights for the Forester.

Swap: ZKW-R lens into Bosch/AL E46 bixenon projector | Swap: STI-R lens into G37 sedan bixenon projector
              2010 Accord retrofit (G37 sedan bixenon) | 2015 Forester retrofit (G37 sedan bixenon)

Comment

I like how unsuspecting a pair of modded G35's can be. +rep!

Comment

After a 200 mile trip to my parent's house and some wicked dumb stop and go traffic, the passenger side shroud fell off the projector. Since I didn't epoxy the shrouds to the projectors, I got to take care of that today. I couldn't get any epoxy today, either, since it's Christmas, so I improvised and used hot glue.

Comment

That sucks! I'll be sure to epoxy mine; they feel snug as it is but obviously it's not good enough.

Comment

Sorry to hear that man.. I hope the hot glue will hold up..

Comment

Hot glue will never hold up lol

Comment

It's a temporary solution until I can get back home to where my tools and epoxy are lol. I've also got to get back to finishing the Forester retrofit.

Comment

i hate it that the accords have that round reflector housing that makes it hard to use the JNC mounting method, so my hats off to you for fabbing your own. i just picked up some 09-13 murano projectors- same as G37 sedans basically, just gotta get some sti-r's.

Comment

I've been working on these:

BRZ/RX350 bixenon projectors (unmodified)
                              Apollo 3.0 shrouds (B-stock, one of them came in oval...)
                              LED switchback strips (might change to something more OEM...)
                              Beat up OEM headlights

The driver side headlight lens (the one on the right in the picture) had cracks/spiderwebbing on the inside of the lens, so I've been trying to fix that. It's not going well and I'll likely need a new headlight. Passenger side headlight lens is pitted from 60k+ miles of driving.

I was going to use BRZ boomerang LEDs instead of the LED switchback, but I'm running thin on patience and don't want to order more parts to throw at this retrofit. It may still happen, but I'm not sure at the moment if it'll be worth my time.

Comment

Working...
                              X