TRS Bi-Xenon FX-R Stage 3 - 1980 Mini Clubman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRS Bi-Xenon FX-R Stage 3 - 1980 Mini Clubman

Haven't actually received my kit yet, I've ordered it, but won't actually be getting my hands on it until June 2015. I wasn't in a rush so I've had it delivered to a friend in Canada to save a bit on the postage and mainly because of TRS's Thanks Giving deals

I figured I'd sign up here as it seems to be a useful centre of knowledge!

I've bought (the main bits):
    2 x FX-R 3.0: (2.5" Lens/RHD)
    2 x Morimoto XB55 (50W)
    2 x D2S: Osram Xenarc 66240 Nightbreaker

The nightbreakers have since been changed for CBI's though as one, they'd ran out of Nightbreakers and the guy advised on the phone with the 50W ballasts they wouldn't appear so white, more yellowy tinged.

The plan is to fit the kit behind some standard 7", hopefully ending up with something similar to this thread! I've found a few threads with similar projects so I'm in good hands!

Half a year before you get your product??
    2017 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost

Comment

half a year before he gets to the same location as the car-- the way i understand it..
      The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time

Comment

Nice! A Clubman. You don't see that everyday.

Comment

Sweet man.

Comment

Ahh sweet. Post some pics of the Mini. Also have a Clubman!
            1999 LR Discovery II XS 4.0L V8 auto - Halogen

2012 Ford Figo TDCi - E46 projectors - XB35 ballasts - 4300k Bosch D2S bulbs - G37R shrouds - BIXENON stickers - H4 Mori wiring

Comment

Where are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by BVC View Post
                Half a year before you get your product??
                Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
                half a year before he gets to the same location as the car-- the way i understand it..
                Half a year before I get the product yes, it's something I want to get done and you probably aren't going to get a 25% off thanks giving discount all year round!

I have the car, just for the next 6 months I'll be stuck with the sealed beam units/candles.

Originally posted by minifreak View Post
                Nice! A Clubman. You don't see that everyday.
                Originally posted by MRauties View Post
                Ahh sweet. Post some pics of the Mini. Also have a Clubman!

That's a fairly recent picture, although it now has 10x6 alloys on it to cover ther brakes, in this photo it had drum brakes all round!

Originally posted by bradleyowens9 View Post
                Where are you located?
                I'm based in the UK

Comment

The main reason I signed up was because I was reading through threads and you can't see attached pictures as a guest you have to log in, then I thought I'd start a thread as it would be a good place for me to ask questions and plan my build.

Comment

Yeah my family is originally from Liverpool, others still live in Manchester. We've got a Moke and we did have a Wolseley here.

Comment

Damn it still looks really good... Good to know I am not the only one with 10 inch steelies and drums on all 4s!
                      1999 LR Discovery II XS 4.0L V8 auto - Halogen

2012 Ford Figo TDCi - E46 projectors - XB35 ballasts - 4300k Bosch D2S bulbs - G37R shrouds - BIXENON stickers - H4 Mori wiring

Comment

FXR's will be a HUGE upgrade to what your using now for light

Comment

Originally posted by MRauties View Post
                          Damn it still looks really good... Good to know I am not the only one with 10 inch steelies and drums on all 4s!
                          Haha I don't have drums on all four now, the fronts have been converted to cooper s 7.5" discs

Originally posted by gnardog View Post
                          FXR's will be a HUGE upgrade to what your using now for light
                          Thats the plan, hopefully I will then be able to see where I'm going!

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty789 View Post

That is just... adorable. I love it!

OEM halogen reflector headlights | Osram Rallye H7 65W low beams | Philips Vision H1 55W high beams | Pre-facelift orange indicators

Retrofits in progress: MDX LED retrofit | RX350/EvoX-R quad w/'moto HD relay, Mitsubishi gen4 ballasts and selectable quad wiring (needs lots of fixing)

My retrofits

Comment

Nice!

I'd be tempted to leave it all original.

2014 Sierra All Terrain 4wd, SnugTop Hi-Liner Sport, Leveled, 305/60-18 Cooper ST Maxx,
                              Bushwacker flares, King shocks, Hellwig swaybars, Morimoto HID kit in GM projectors,
                              Fog lights on w/Hi Beam mod, 4 Baja Designs SII LED pods controlled
                              by Hi Beams

Comment

Working...
                              X