1998 Camry Mini d2s 3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Camry Mini d2s 3.0

I did a simple retrofit for one of my friends. Tried to keep it looking somewhat OEM. What do you guys think?

1998 Toyota Camry XLE (4th Generation)
    Depo clear Lens Housings
    Morimoto Mini D2S 3.0 Projectors
    Iris Shrouds
    Osram CBI bulbs
    Morimoto 5five Ballasts

1998 Honda Prelude Retrofit with TL's, E55 Shrouds, and TL-R Solenoid Kit

1998 Toyota Camry Retrofit with Mini D2S 3.0, Iris Shrouds, and Depo Clear Lens Housings

That actually looks really good! It's weird to see one eyeball projector in really long rectangular housings but this one came out well. Great work.

Comment

Looks perfect!!! Simply perfect. Sometimes simple is best. Looks similar to the second retrofit I did on my old Corolla.

Comment

Very, very nice and clean!

OEM halogen reflector headlights | Osram Rallye H7 65W low beams | Philips Vision H1 55W high beams | Pre-facelift orange indicators

Retrofits in progress: MDX LED retrofit | RX350/EvoX-R quad w/'moto HD relay, Mitsubishi gen4 ballasts and selectable quad wiring (needs lots of fixing)

My retrofits

Comment

Wow my brother has the same car and wanted to do a retro after I did mine......but he's too cheap . All you need now are some output shots.
          2012 Camry SE RX-350/STI-R Build Thread

Comment

Looks oem, has that old school Lexus look

AKA Jimmy K

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy4k View Post
              Looks oem, has that old school Lexus look
              Oh yea, that's what it reminded me of! Especially with the bottom painted gold/bronze.

Comment

Love it. Clean, classy, OEM look. Great work.
                2010 Civic Si

Comment

Thats is something you dont see very often. I like it as well

Comment

Originally posted by blochead21 View Post
                    Wow my brother has the same car and wanted to do a retro after I did mine......but he's too cheap . All you need now are some output shots.
                    Yeah I will try to get some output shots if I can get my hands on the car again.The mini D2s 3.0's are pretty impressive. The high beam is really nice. What's cool is since the projector sits low and deep in the headlight, some foreground light gets blocked by the headlight housing. It acts like a foreground limiter and makes for better distance lighting lol. The mini d2s kit from TRS is a good price and the depo lights aren't too expensive on amazon. You should go for it!

Since this gen camry uses H4, installation was super easy. But I had to cut on a small hole at the bottom of the reflector to allow room for the solenoid's pigtail connector. That connector sits kind of sinked into the reflector, and I sealed the hole with aluminum tape.

1998 Toyota Camry Retrofit with Mini D2S 3.0, Iris Shrouds, and Depo Clear Lens Housings

Comment

Much better than pnp kit hahahah... just kidding.

I think its very clean, not the most "agresive looking", but I prefer that OEM looking

Comment

Originally posted by mr.xkr View Post
                        Much better than pnp kit hahahah... just kidding.
                        SO it's not better than PNP ? lol

Originally posted by mr.xkr View Post
                        I think its very clean, not the most "agresive looking", but I prefer that OEM looking
                        Well the car isn't aggressive looking, so clean was the way to go!

Comment

Here are some output shots:

Camera: iPhone 5s with HDR (cell phone so low quality)
                          Bulbs: Osram 66240 CBI
                          Ballast: Morimoto 5Five DSP (50 Watt)
                          Projectors: Mini D2s 3.0 O lens

No Headlights on (street lighting only):

Low Beams Only:

High Beams on:

Cutoff at ~ 20 ft

Colorband at ~ 20 ft

Comment

Looks sick! Nice work!

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Working...
                              X