02 GMC Sierra Denali Mini Retro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 GMC Sierra Denali Mini Retro

So I've been stalking around for a while and I'm finally starting to accumulate the parts needed to do my retrofit. I plan to buy adapter plates from thedrummer, mini h1 6.0 projectors, xb35 6000k bulbs (to match the LEDs in every other light), oracle colorshift 2.0 halos, rgb LEDs for active demon eyes, and new headlights with clear corners so that I can drive the truck while working on my other set of headlights.

Things bought:
    demon eyes leds
    halos
    headlights with clear corners

Things still needed:
    Projectors
    Bulbs
    Ballasts
    Adapter plates
    Attached Files

Those lights look familiar

Just finished my retro with basically the same parts minus the halos and demon eyes.
    ***MH1 Retro***
    "America has three cities, New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."
    - Tennessee Williams

Comment

Did you open them? I'm almost afraid to because I tried practicing on my original ones before I tried these, but I broke the first housing in half and the second time it started cracking. Maybe I just need to leave it in the oven a bit longer?

Comment

And you're build and oktain's were what got me wanting to do this. I had flebay HID's in my halogen projectors and couldn't see anything. Plus they were putting off tons of interference to my heater. So I sold them.

Comment

Originally posted by 02SierraDenali View Post
          Did you open them? I'm almost afraid to because I tried practicing on my original ones before I tried these, but I broke the first housing in half and the second time it started cracking. Maybe I just need to leave it in the oven a bit longer?
          Nope, heard too many horror stories with permaseal. I just heated the backs of them with a heat gun enough to remove the projector.

Originally posted by 02SierraDenali View Post
          And you're build and oktain's were what got me wanting to do this. I had flebay HID's in my halogen projectors and couldn't see anything. Plus they were putting off tons of interference to my heater. So I sold them.

Yeah, Pat's retro had me from the start. This is actually the second one I've done, first was on a stock set with the amber reflector.
          ***MH1 Retro***
          "America has three cities, New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."
          - Tennessee Williams

Comment

I hope these new aftermarket lights use the same stuff to hold them together that the stock ones use. At least I'll know what I'm dealing with.... Any tips for when I start the actual retrofit?

Comment

Not really, it's pretty straight forward. Just remember to NOT seal it up before you check to see if you need any rotational adjustment.
              ***MH1 Retro***
              - Tennessee Williams

Comment

I used to drive a 2002 sierra denali... Man I miss the quadrasteer.

1981 300TD turbo Euro H4's + French fogs + slammed (current)
                2001 E39 BMW EVOXR retro (sold)
                1984 300D euro H4's + leveling system + pnp kit (sold)
                1981 240D euro H4's + leveling + mini D2s + 85122 (sold)

Comment

I love it soooo much. It really comes in handy at wal-mart. I also love the strange looks people give when they see the back tires turning.

Comment

So, started yet?
                    ***MH1 Retro***
                    - Tennessee Williams

Comment

Sorry for the extended absence. My transmission decided to go out one day randomly so there was $1200 out the door and now my transfer case has decided to leak tons of transmission fluid all over creation so that's another $500 to rebuild. It doesn't look like I'll be getting around to buying anything for this retrofit for another few months at least. Sorry guys:/ but whenever I do get around to it, I'll be sending them off to one of the professional retrofitters because I'm afraid of opening them with the permaseal.

Comment

lol don't worry about taking a while, some of us take years to do a retrofit haha

Comment

Well I've decided to send them to black flame customs to be retrofitted the right way. I'm so excited to get this build started. Should have them done before the end of June hopefully

Comment

Awe, you took the easy way out
                            ***MH1 Retro***
                            - Tennessee Williams

Comment

Yeah lol maybe on my z71 I'll do the retrofit myself one day.

Comment

Working...
                              X